• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Big 12 Blog - 2013 Big 12 spring practice capsules

SeniorFrog

2013 Big 12 spring practice capsules

TCU HORNED FROGS

Spring start: March 1
Spring game: TBD, may not host one because stadium turf is being replaced.

What to watch:

1. Guess who's back? TCU's offense was really, really shaky without Casey Pachall calling the shots, but the prototype passer is back on the team after leaving to attend drug and alcohol addiction treatment following an October DUI arrest. Is he the same player? He'll have to be to beat out Trevone Boykin and win his job back this spring.

2. Picking its spots: Besides Pachall's return, a defense that returns nine starters will be the main attraction this spring. Linebacker Kenny Cain is gone and so is defensive end Stansly Maponga, but Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year Devonte Fields is just a sophomore and will be fun to watch in his first spring practice in Fort Worth.

3. The revamped running game: Injuries made life hard on TCU's running game last year, but this spring will be intriguing after losing two of the team's best linemen in center James Fry and guard Blaize Foltz. Waymon James is back, though Matthew Tucker and Aundre Dean are gone, but expect Nebraska transfer Aaron Green, a one-time blue-chip recruit from San Antonio, to earn a lot of attention this spring.

rifram09

10 returning starters? Guess we didn't lose Mopanga after all. :rolleyes:

Makes you wonder if the comment about Gildon's return has any validity. I'm sure it's based on outdated information. However, does anybody have an update on Gildon? Might he still return this summer?

Edit: That's weird, here is Ubben's post I read on ESPN's website: "2. Picking its spots: Besides Pachall's return, a defense that returns 10 starters will be the main attraction this spring. Linebacker Kenny Cain is gone, but there's another high-profile return in Deryck Gildon, a promising prospect who left the team last fall, went to junior college and will return to the field for the Frogs this spring." That's why I made the comments I did.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges/post/_/id/4682266/2013-big-12-spring-practice-capsules

steelfrog

Tier 1
Pro golfers are awesome...

Natalie-Gulbis-in-BodyPaint-Sports-Illustrated-Swimsuit-Edition-2012-1.jpg

jake102

Sounds like the new field is going to be this years excuse for not having a spring game. LHCGMFP strikes again!

Yep. Been saying this since they announced the new turf.

I doubt we ever have a spring game again (mistake IMO). Every other school on that list has a scheduled one, but we are looking at two years in a row without one.

mrnicefrog

Yep. Been saying this since they announced the new turf.

I doubt we ever have a spring game again
(mistake IMO). Every other school on that list has a scheduled one, but we are looking at two years in a row without one.
Next year the excuse will be remodeling DMC so
can't have one.

Limp Lizard

I think he made a mistake by leaving out Catalon. GP made a point to mention BJ's development during the signing presser. Catalon was just this far from breaking it a few times last season.

S3NATOR

I too would like to know about Gildon. I know at one time he was coming back but then something happened? I see he is in the ESPN JC100 now...