• The KillerFrogs

Either ticket sales are really good or TCU section sucks

RebHoo

There is much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the seats on Ole Miss boards, as well.  The sections made available to the schools were pretty bad, in my opinion.

worthag03

The reserved sections for the schools are always bad.  The good sections go to the season ticket holders for the bowl games, sponsors, execs and the bulk ticket buyers.  The schools always get screwed.  

The school fans are often one and done customers.  Locals and corporate sponsors may be repeat customers, so they get more consideration. 

For example, if you live in FW and wanted to support the Armed Forces Bowl, you could probably renew 50 yard line seats every year if you wanted.

Stiff Arm Frog

I haven't bought tickets through the school since the Fiesta Bowl. I'm still pissed off at where they put me and my dad for that game, and we paid a premium for those seats.

Stubhub and the other sites have some good deals, looks like decent seats start around $150. I'd buy through one of them.

Kaiser

teamfast1 said:
Ditto, I always support TCU & buy through ticket office...feels I've been screwed over again....

Buying through the school is almost always a good way to get screwed.  Typical school allotments are bad seats priced above market value.

West Texas Frog

FROGLEGHOP said:
The school fans are often one and done customers.  Locals and corporate sponsors may be repeat customers, so they get more consideration. 

For example, if you live in FW and wanted to support the Armed Forces Bowl, you could probably renew 50 yard line seats every year if you wanted.
That is exactly the case. I have been a season ticket holder for the Armed Forces Bowl since its inception and have 50 yard line seats now. If you want better seats than what is issued to the schools you have to go directly through the bowl or get them on the secondary market like Stubhub.

AustFrog

I had 50 yl tickets offered to me for the UT game.  I passed to sit beyond the goal line in the TCU section.  Games are always better sitting with the purple than with neutral viewers or heaven forbid, the other teams fans.

Stiff Arm Frog

Aus Frog said:
I had 50 yl tickets offered to me for the UT game.  I passed to sit beyond the goal line in the TCU section.  Games are always better sitting with the purple than with neutral viewers or heaven forbid, the other teams fans.

If you're going to the game by yourself I could see this, but I have no problem sitting amongst the home team fans. I actually think it makes for more interesting conversation. And I actually want to see what's going on in the game.

Lots of my friends share your view though, they prefer to sit in the GA section for all TCU games. Think it just comes down to what you want out of the game. It's worth noting that these particular friends all leave at halftime to go tailgate, and rarely return.

worthag03

My only problem is that the bowls save the crappy seats for the schools and then charges the school for all the tickets they didn't sell.  It's a complete scam.

tetonfrog

Just remember when you buy tickets off stub hub, find out where the Frog fans are sitting. I got bad info on this site before the Fiesta Bowl and ended up in the Boise section. It was horrible. Rose Bowl was much better. Still bought through stub hub, but sat in TCU section. It was a hell of a good time.

Latest posts