• The KillerFrogs

Dumber Throw

Planks

I think the Robinson Int was worse, just because of the situation. We are winning, have the momentum. Robinson has a wide open Reagor for a touchdown. If he hits him we take a multiple score lead and the nature of the game feels very different.

Hoovers Int came when we were already losing by multiple scores and did not have the momentum. It was a bad decision, but I think a QB forcing something more defensible when it’s a game where you need a big play to have a chance to get back in the game. Plus Texas had their timeouts and our D was gassed, so even if Hoover doesn’t throw that Int, I think there is still a solid chance we go three and out, punt, and Texas scores before half anyway.

If we are talking about bad Hoover interceptions, I think his 3rd quarter Int against Tech was way worse than his Int against Texas. Against Tech we actually had the lead and the momentum, and the Int completely flipped the momentum and lead to Tech retaking the lead, which they never gave up.

Wexahu

I think the Robinson Int was worse, just because of the situation. We are winning, have the momentum. Robinson has a wide open Reagor for a touchdown. If he hits him we take a multiple score lead and the nature of the game feels very different.

Hoovers Int came when we were already losing by multiple scores and did not have the momentum. It was a bad decision, but I think a QB forcing something more defensible when it’s a game where you need a big play to have a chance to get back in the game. Plus Texas had their timeouts and our D was gassed, so even if Hoover doesn’t throw that Int, I think there is still a solid chance we go three and out, punt, and Texas scores before half anyway.

If we are talking about bad Hoover interceptions, I think his 3rd quarter Int against Tech was way worse than his Int against Texas. Against Tech we actually had the lead and the momentum, and the Int completely flipped the momentum and lead to Tech retaking the lead, which they never gave up.
Nitpicking here, but I highly doubt UT scores if we go three and out there. Maybe a FG but I doubt that even. He got picked off on 1st down and there were 50 seconds left. If we run two more plays and throw incompletions we punt and there might be 35 seconds left for UT. Probably from their own 30 or something like that instead of the TCU 43-yard line. 35 seconds left with 70 yards to go is completely different than 51 seconds left with 43 yards to go.

It was a terrible decision at a time in the game where you just can't have a quick turnover like that.