• The KillerFrogs

Drug arrests on and around campus

YCBJ Frog

Sure. And I have a bridge in Arizona to sell to you.

The original London bridge (possibly the most famous bridge in the world) was purchased, dismantled, and reassembled in Arizona. Way to bungle that one up.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Bridge_(Lake_Havasu_City)

YCBJ Frog

It might mean very little to most of you, but I (as a Baylor fan) am so sad for TCU. Most of us went through some "letting our hair down" in college. Many of us were lucky not to be picked up for under-aged drinking, DUI, drug use, etc.

While some stupid fans might take delight in the plight of others, I find no joy in the problems your institution is experiencing. TCU is a quality school and I'm sure you will recover.

My prayers are with your school, the families, and the individual students that are going through this circumstance. Here's hoping that positive change can result from this situation.

Classy post. You're alright in my book, Bob.

Mike Brooks

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1329352017' post='1065033']
The original London bridge (possibly the most famous bridge in the world) was purchased, dismantled, and reassembled in Arizona. Way to bungle that one up.

http://en.m.wikipedi...ake_Havasu_City)
[/quote]
Chuckle. I thought it was "Ocean front property" in arizona but you are right as well. Native in usual fail mode.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Dude was dealing drugs. I don't feel sorry for him. He knew what the consequences are.

Yep. Especially being high profile, the member of the TCU football team. Lord. Does it get much dumber? Players smoking pot is one thing (how athletes at that level and the pros can do that, or coke or meth, and play at a high level I don't know) but dealing? Even if a relative small amount, selling? Really??

Good luck with the rest of your life Mr. Brock.

Carlos Sheen

As a SMU fan, I am truly sad to see that the Frogs took a hard knock today. When my Ponies play the Frogs, I hate you with all my heart. After that, I remember the good times I had with the TCU girls I dated back in the day. Frankly, I had a good time at your campus and liked most of the people I met there.

1) With almost 100 members on a football team, you are bound to have some dipshits in there;
2) Show me a college campus in the US in which kids aren't experimenting with drugs. Doesn't exist.
3) If the police and/or NCAA dig hard enough into a program, they are bound to find some idiocy.

Good luck. Come September, I'll be in the stands behind your bench yelling horrible things to your players and coaches.

cdsfrog

As a SMU fan, I am truly sad to see that the Frogs took a hard knock today. When my Ponies play the Frogs, I hate you with all my heart. After that, I remember the good times I had with the TCU girls I dated back in the day. Frankly, I had a good time at your campus and liked most of the people I met there.

1) With almost 100 members on a football team, you are bound to have some dipshits in there;
2) Show me a college campus in the US in which kids aren't experimenting with drugs. Doesn't exist.
3) If the police and/or NCAA dig hard enough into a program, they are bound to find some idiocy.

Good luck. Come September, I'll be in the stands behind your bench yelling horrible things to your players and coaches.

I am ashamed to admit it but one of my best friends at work is a SMU alum. I hate the ponies as you hate the frogs but this situation is bigger than that. Thanks for the post man.

See you guys in September and go get a baseball team damnt.

YCBJ Frog

Chuckle. I thought it was "Ocean front property" in arizona but you are right as well. Native in usual fail mode.

It is. I typed that in my original response, but I think this crowd all knows the expression so it would've been stating the obvious, plus pointing out stupidity in the form of an insult is better when the statement is brief ("it's a quip, not a slope").

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1329357780' post='1065166']
Umm, no. No it's not... which is why I didn't say that.
[/quote]

You responded classy post to a guy commenting on being lucking for not getting a DUI. You are seriously an idiot...

YCBJ Frog

You responded classy post to a guy commenting on being lucking for not getting a DUI. You are seriously an idiot...

Actually, I was saying it was classy of him to pray for all of those in our community that are affected by this and for him to say that he's sorry to see this happen to us. I think that was obvious to everyone except you--so you're either the dumbest person reading this thread (yes) or desperate for someone to interact with because your life sucks (yes).

DickBumpastache

The more I think about this incident combined with this past season, the more questions I have. This team clearly had issues coming out with any sense of focus against inferior opponents, especially at home. For God's sake, we were losing to Portland State at the end of the 1st quarter. PSU, UL-Monroe, SMU, Colorado State...all home games where we stunk up the joint for at least a half.

UNLV and New Mexico were the only games where the team took care of business from the start...and those teams would've lost to half of D1-AA. Outside of sending 9 guys on the field for every play, it would've been impossible to play a competitive game against those teams. By and large, seemed like when we were at home, we just didn't have any sense of focus.

Then the bowl game, where unless you had fingers in both your ears, you heard pretty loud grumblings of guys getting into trouble. A few got sent home. That isn't normal for a bowl trip.

Just seems to me that this problem has existed for much longer than 2 weeks, or whenever the surprise drug test was issued. And I am struggling to figure out how none of the coaches could see this as any sort of an issue before it blew up in the entire university's face.

I understand that the staff cannot watch over these guys like hawks when they're off campus. But these guys were obviously not the sharpest tools in the shed, either. They used their real names. They made calls from their personal cell phones instead of burners (that's what it sounds like from the affadavit, at least). They conducted drug transactions 50 feet from campus. So not one of them slipped up in the midst of the team, and/or not one coach heard or observed something to tip them off?

NativeFrog

The more I think about this incident combined with this past season, the more questions I have. This team clearly had issues coming out with any sense of focus against inferior opponents, especially at home. For God's sake, we were losing to Portland State at the end of the 1st quarter. PSU, UL-Monroe, SMU, Colorado State...all home games where we stunk up the joint for at least a half.

UNLV and New Mexico were the only games where the team took care of business from the start...and those teams would've lost to half of D1-AA. Outside of sending 9 guys on the field for every play, it would've been impossible to play a competitive game against those teams. By and large, seemed like when we were at home, we just didn't have any sense of focus.

Then the bowl game, where unless you had fingers in both your ears, you heard pretty loud grumblings of guys getting into trouble. A few got sent home. That isn't normal for a bowl trip.

Just seems to me that this problem has existed for much longer than 2 weeks, or whenever the surprise drug test was issued. And I am struggling to figure out how none of the coaches could see this as any sort of an issue before it blew up in the entire university's face.

I understand that the staff cannot watch over these guys like hawks when they're off campus. But these guys were obviously not the sharpest tools in the shed, either. They used their real names. They made calls from their personal cell phones instead of burners (that's what it sounds like from the affadavit, at least). They conducted drug transactions 50 feet from campus. So not one of them slipped up in the midst of the team, and/or not one coach heard or observed something to tip them off?

You're getting to the heart of the matter where the football team and coaching staff are concerned. You have to wonder what additional ramifications could result from all of this.