• The KillerFrogs

Dramatic and unrealistic, but why not?

tcufrogprince1

1.) absorb all of the pac 12, even the crumbs.
2.) Pay UT and OU to stay - I know, I know.
3.) Screw a conference, we have an NFL connection guru. Lets make the Big 12 the new Collegiate Prep League.
a.) Take on an MLS TV deal structure. All members get the same but pay into a league fee and the league then pays the players based on productivity. Schools also get paid incentives by win ratios for the last 3 years. That way one bad year doesnt kill you.
b.) Create alliance with NFL for training, draft, coaches, etc.
c.) Eliminate NCAA for good and create an inner league ethics, rules, etc.
4.) Sign deal with Amazon to create a league network not influenced by old tv Gods.
5.) Start picking teams from the ACC
6.) Start picking teams from the SEC and Big 10
7.) Dominate College Sports.
8.) Finally, adopt promotion relegation to keep the best teams in the best league and make the seasons of all fbs teams exciting all the way to the end of the season.

Eight

3.) Screw a conference, we have an NFL connection guru. Lets make the Big 12 the new Collegiate Prep League.
a.) Take on an MLS TV deal structure. All members get the same but pay into a league fee and the league then pays the players based on productivity. Schools also get paid incentives by win ratios for the last 3 years. That way one bad year doesnt kill you.
4.) Sign deal with Amazon to create a league network not influenced by old tv Gods.
8.) Finally, adopt promotion relegation to keep the best teams in the best league and make the seasons of all fbs teams exciting all the way to the end of the season.

two immediate thoughts

first, you have never been to pullman, washington because if you had you would no why to heck no on #1

in regards to 3(b), don't see the nfl picking on group over the other as they have in regards to expense to them the very best feeder system of the three major sports and they aren't going to do anything to upset that apple cart

as far as everything else, far more reasonable than a number of twitter feeds that get linked here and grounded in more reality than a few lvh and hip hop posts

LisaLT

Who is the NFL connection guru.

What you proposed would be a lovely fantasy way to move forward. I especially think the amazon angle will come to pass sooner than later. Just too many prime members out there compared to ESPN+ subs. Too easy to move into FBS streaming IMO.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
two immediate thoughts

first, you have never been to pullman, washington because if you had you would no why to heck no on #1

in regards to 3(b), don't see the nfl picking on group over the other as they have in regards to expense to them the very best feeder system of the three major sports and they aren't going to do anything to upset that apple cart

as far as everything else, far more reasonable than a number of twitter feeds that get linked here and grounded in more reality than a few lvh and hip hop posts
It’s not that bad, Pullman is a lot more scenic than Stillwater. I kind of like the rolling hills of the Palouse.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
you been there in the winter? only more depressing place i can think of is champaign-urbana in february

As a young 2Lt I had to travel to Rantoul IL several times. Every trip was for 3 weeks.

Being able to go into Champaign-Urbana on a weekend was a treat. Got to see Sha Na Na* perform at a bar near the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus.

Also got to see Miss Nude USA perform at a VFW Post in Rantoul.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sha_Na_Na

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
you been there in the winter? only more depressing place i can think of is champaign-urbana in february
Hello, I live just east of Champaign-Urbana. Things are pretty bleak in the winter anywhere north of a line going through Flagstaff, Stillwater, Knoxville, etc.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
you have to admit there is something especially bleak about bare farmland, low grey skies, and nightfall coming about 5 pm

perfect setting for a swedish murder movie with subtitles
That’s the beauty of 4 seasons, once you get really sick of it, the seasons change. Now when I go home to Houston in the summer, I can’t stand the heat and humidity. It’s all a matter of being in it all the time. When I worked summers at the Deer Park Shell refinery when I was at TCU, I got used to it. I’d go back to Memorial after work and my parent’s A/C felt freezing.

Paul in uhh

two immediate thoughts

What’s worse? Pullman, Stillwater or Starkville MS?

I’ve been to the latter and a target would be the prime attraction there off campus.

OICU812

“You scheissin up the rotation. It’s puff-puff, GIVE.”

Eight

That’s the beauty of 4 seasons, once you get really sick of it, the seasons change. Now when I go home to Houston in the summer, I can’t stand the heat and humidity. It’s all a matter of being in it all the time. When I worked summers at the Deer Park Shell refinery when I was at TCU, I got used to it. I’d go back to Memorial after work and my parent’s A/C felt freezing.

houston has 4 seasons

there is gawd almighty it is hot,
holy [ Finebaum ] i can't take much more of this,
kill me now,
and this isn't too bad for 88