• The KillerFrogs

Do you want the Longhorns to go bowling this year?

How would you like to see Mack Brown spend December 30?

• Total voters

NubomTurk

Tier 1
The Longhorns only need two more wins to be bowl eligible. (Sorry, I get the giggles just typing that...)

As fun as it would be for Mack and the Whorns to stay home this holiday season, would it be even better for them to have to go to New York City on December 30 and take their place as the Big-12 seventh-place team to play in the inaugural Pinstripe Bowl?

I mean, it's one thing for Mack to sit at home in front of the fire nursing a glass of Jack Daniels, with all the televisions in the house thrown into the lake, but to have to go to New York and smile and give interviews and talk about how honored you are to be playing UConn...

To me, there's no humiliation like a public humiliation. I say the Whorns should go to the Big Apple!

If I haven't convinced you yet, think about this: it also gives them another chance to lose

ShadowFrog

Moderators
a conundrum, to be sure.
I suspect/expect if they get those 2 wins (doubtful) there will be a "spontaneous" team meeting whereupon the captains will "announce" that they will not go to a bowl even if eligible (a la ND) afterwhich Mack will reply that he "supports" his teams decision. A 5 mile de-militarized zone will then be established, troops withdrawn to the '67 borders and a new UN no-fly zone installed.

RufeBruton

Is it not a regular observation that coaches love to take their teams to bowls so that they can get an extra 20ish days of practice which they would otherwise not be entitled? And, doesn't it seem that these TU players need some additional practice for next year? And if so, lets hope that they deny themselves the right to additional days.

stell91

I want them to go to the Pinstripe Bowl. There's nothing I'd like better than to go up to my friends at UT and say "so I hear y'all are playing a bowl game in Yankee Stadium, how'd y'all get hooked up with that honor?"

stell91

Is it not a regular observation that coaches love to take their teams to bowls so that they can get an extra 20ish days of practice which they would otherwise not be entitled? And, doesn't it seem that these TU players need some additional practice for next year? And if so, lets hope that they deny themselves the right to additional days.

TU is an aggy thing... Let's not stoop to their level.

I'm from Plano too. Represent!

OmniscienceFrog

I think I prefer they stay home and not have the opportunity to say they haven't had a losing season in 10 years, for at least another 10 years.

fanatical frog

I'd sure hope for them to knock off ESPN's newest darling......Oklahoma State this Saturday. ESPN is pimping Ok St to move up the charts....we don't need that. Other than that, I don't give Mack Brown and his team much thought one way or another.

2314@work

Contributor
Sitting at home.
Which means Aggy destroyed them.
ron-washington2.jpg

Frogs1983

I'd sure hope for them to knock off ESPN's newest darling......Oklahoma State this Saturday. ESPN is pimping Ok St to move up the charts....we don't need that. Other than that, I don't give Mack Brown and his team much thought one way or another.

Anyone know where the OU/Okie State game is this year?I like OU's chances if at Norman.

Deep Purple

I don't care. There are bigger issues in life than whether UT goes to a minor bowl game or not.

sdj

This.

Frankly, I don't care a spit whether UT goes bowling or not. Let UT do whatever UT does. It's immaterial to TCU.

But if UT doesn't bowl-qualify, it will be the first time since 1956 they've failed to do so. That's the year I was born. There were only 48 states in the Union, and the commanding general from WWII, Dwight Eisenhower, was President. So I hardly think missing a bowl in 2010 is going to put much of a dent in the UT aura.