• The KillerFrogs

Do you think Casey and Geno will be tied at Ubben's #1?

Hefley001

We will see. WVU is so hyped this year there is a strong chance they underachieve.

Most are picking TCU for 5th-7th in the Big 12. Excellent chance we overachieve

Trust me, not arguing with you on that. Don't think we'll know anything until after Wk4 in the Big12.

CountryFrog

You actually scored more than WVU last year. But, so did Houston, Toledo, and N. Illinois. The biggest difference is WVU scored theirs against BE defenses and you guys scored yours on the MWC. The BE wasn't mighty by any means, but the defenses they faced were a lot better than the MWC defenses.
The Big East was no better than the Mtn West last year or any other year in the last 5 or 6. Other than WVU in the Orange Bowl, no one in the Big East beat anyone with a pulse last year. Both teams played in equally below average conferences.

Hefley001

The Big East was no better than the Mtn West last year or any other year in the last 5 or 6.

Scoring defense rankings would disagree. BE defenses were A LOT better than those in MWC in 2011.

Rutgers -8 Boise -12
Louis -17       TCU -28
Cincy-20 SDSU -57
USF -37 Wyo -67
Pitt -38 AF -72
UConn-50 CO St - 91
Wvu -61         Unlv-  118      
Cuse - 73      Nm- 119

6 of 8 Big East defenses ranked top 50. Only Boise and TCU from the MWC were top 50. As I said, scoring on BE defenses is a lot harder than scoring on MWC defenses. You guys might set college football on fire this year with your offense, but this is why they arent getting props from the media.

CountryFrog

Scoring defense rankings would disagree. BE defenses were A LOT better than those in MWC in 2011.

Rutgers -8 Boise -12
Louis -17       TCU -28
Cincy-20 SDSU -57
USF -37 Wyo -67
Pitt -38 AF -72
UConn-50 CO St - 91
Wvu -61         Unlv-  118      
Cuse - 73      Nm- 119

6 of 8 Big East defenses ranked top 50. Only Boise and TCU from the MWC were top 50. As I said, scoring on BE defenses is a lot harder than scoring on MWC defenses. You guys might set college football on fire this year with your offense, but this is why they arent getting props from the media.
Like I said, no Big East team beat anyone who was any good last year except for WVU in the Orange Bowl. I couldn't care less about the statistical rankings, most of those teams in the Big East were awful. I saw that with my eyes.

Anyway, I think we're probably splitting hairs here. We both agree that the Big 12 is much better than the Big East or Mtn West. The point is, Pachall not being in the top 25 players in the Big 12 is ludicrous, regardless of last year's schedule. Once the season is over, he will be top 10 at least.

CountryFrog

Not really, the Big12 has a bunch of good players in the league. Pachall might be good, but that just speaks of the quality ahead of him on the list.

See my response above
Not really, it just speaks to the stupidity and ignorance of Ubben. But thankfully, all our words will soon be cheap and we'll get to see how it all shakes out on the field. Good luck to your Cowboys sir, except when they play the Frogs.

TCURiggs

Not really, it just speaks to the stupidity and ignorance of Ubben. But thankfully, all our words will soon be cheap and we'll get to see how it all shakes out on the field. Good luck to your Cowboys sir, except when they play the Frogs.

That's way too diplomatic.

Suck it, Hefley!

Hefley001

Very true, and good luck to your Frogs. Hope we're both undefeated when you guys come to Stillwater.