• The KillerFrogs

Do we need to increase enrollment

StealthFrog

QUOTE(weklfrog @ Jun 19 2010, 04:18 PM) [snapback]583829[/snapback]
decisions to increase enrollment have nothing to do with athletics, so when someone visits an athletics message board, they expect to read and discuss athletics, not stupid ideas like pipedreams to increase enrollment to affect what athletic conference we might be able to get into. and that is my contribution, to continue to point out, as many others already have, how stupid the premise is.

what is holding TCU back from getting into a more premier conference?

icemonkee

QUOTE(StealthFrog @ Jun 19 2010, 04:39 PM) [snapback]584014[/snapback]

That's not the point. The point is that under no circumstances do you sacrifice academics for athletics.

If student enrollment is holding us back then so be it...I would have my school no other way.

^^I contributed again

StealthFrog

QUOTE(icemonkee @ Jun 19 2010, 09:44 PM) [snapback]584019[/snapback]
That's not the point. The point is that under no circumstances do you sacrifice academics for athletics.

If student enrollment is holding us back then so be it...I would have my school no other way.
^^I contributed again

it is the point becasue this is a message board to discuss various topics......because you have an opinion one way or the other doesn't mean it cant be discussed.

nice contribution, again

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(StealthFrog @ Jun 19 2010, 04:39 PM) [snapback]584014[/snapback]

Geography.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(Planks @ Jun 19 2010, 11:29 AM) [snapback]583832[/snapback]
It does always seem like it's really competitive to get into the Tom-Brown-Pete-Wright apartments. I'd imagine there are upperclassman students that are forced off campus because they can't get the housing they want.

Exactly correct. We have a number of juniors and seniors who would prefer to remain on campus all four years. They get bumped off campus because freshmen and sophomores are required to live on campus, so they get housing priority. TCU plans to build more housing to give more upperclassmen the option to remain on campus.

Fender

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 19 2010, 04:57 PM) [snapback]584029[/snapback]
Geography.

+ 1

I still believe the Big East is our best option to ever join a BCS Conference. It makes more sense for the big east to offer us over UCF even with the geography concern. But I still have major doubts on if the Big East is smart enough to invite us.

icemonkee

QUOTE(Fender @ Jun 19 2010, 05:11 PM) [snapback]584043[/snapback]
+ 1

I still believe the Big East is our best option to ever join a BCS Conference. It makes more sense for the big east to offer us over UCF even with the geography concern. But I still have major doubts on if the Big East is smart enough to invite us.

I agree with geography, but Fort Worth and the east coast don't mesh very well

Frog DJ

QUOTE(satis1103 @ Jun 17 2010, 03:09 PM) [snapback]582617[/snapback]
And FWIW count me as one Catholic who has no desire in the least to follow ND.

And FWIW count me as one Southern Baptist who will never root for Baylor.

For me, TCU's student-to-teacher ratio is too important to tinker with.

I'll leave enrollment questions to those in charge.

Go Frogs!

Fender

QUOTE(icemonkee @ Jun 19 2010, 05:14 PM) [snapback]584046[/snapback]
I agree with geography, but Fort Worth and the east coast don't mesh very well

I agree but if it gets you in a BCS Conference you take it.

Granted this is college but the funny thing is that the Texas Rangers are in the American League West and the Cowboys are in the NFC East

The smartest move for the Big East is to invite TCU to improve its football standing and move in to the Texas market.