• The KillerFrogs

Do the women make the NCAA tourney?

Atomic Frawg

They have quietly put together a pretty solid season and we're even ranked for a few weeks of the season. They had a first-ever seven game win streak, are currently 17-9, 8-7 with three games to go. This could be the first time ever that both basketball teams make the dance.

LVH

As of right now no. RPI is not where it needs to be at #71. #73 is the worst RPI to get an at-large bid. West Virginia was a big win at the time but they have fallen off. Home win over Texas is the best win we have and at home vs. Oklahoma(who is 14-12) is the next best. 3 losses outside the RPI top 100 hurt which cancel out the 2 Quadrant 1/2 wins we have. Have to win at Texas Tech period and must split between Baylor/Oklahoma State. If not then I think we have to make the final of the Big 12 tourney which means beating Texas/Baylor in a semifinal.

Atomic Frawg

As of right now no. RPI is not where it needs to be at #71. #73 is the worst RPI to get an at-large bid. West Virginia was a big win at the time but they have fallen off. Home win over Texas is the best win we have and at home vs. Oklahoma(who is 14-12) is the next best. 3 losses outside the RPI top 100 hurt which cancel out the 2 Quadrant 1/2 wins we have. Have to win at Texas Tech period and must split between Baylor/Oklahoma State. If not then I think we have to make the final of the Big 12 tourney which means beating Texas/Baylor in a semifinal.
If we knock off Okie Lite, then the B12 has only Waco and Austin in the top 25. I know every win counts, especially against ranked opponents, but we'd knock Okie Lite out. How much of an RPI boost will beating then give us?

Also, it looks like we may be matched up against WV in the tourney. Getting another win against them would certainly help, but the loss to ISU seems like it's gonna sting.

LVH

If we knock off Okie Lite, then the B12 has only Waco and Austin in the top 25. I know every win counts, especially against ranked opponents, but we'd knock Okie Lite out. How much of an RPI boost will beating then give us?

Also, it looks like we may be matched up against WV in the tourney. Getting another win against them would certainly help, but the loss to ISU seems like it's gonna sting.

Big 12 just isn't that strong of a conference this year. Baylor and Texas in my opinion are the only 2 worthy Top 25 teams in the conference. Oklahoma is technically a Quadrant 1 team at the moment but that's because their SOS is #1.

We have definitely improved this year, but I do believe the conference being down has helped our record as well.

Texas Tech will torpedo our RPI regardless of whether or not we beat them. Playing Baylor will improve our RPI regardless of whether or not we beat them. It all comes down to Oklahoma State and beating them on the road will be a tough task.

My gut says we will fall short of the NCAA tournament. We had a nice run in January but are regressing to the mean. I think we beat Texas Tech but lose to Baylor and Oklahoma State and then drop in the Big 12 quarterfinals.

Pharm Frog

No idea about tourney chances but I'm watching the Lady Frogs play TTU in Lubbock on some channel at this Courtyard by Marriott. It is somewhat stunning what has become of Lady Raider basketball. There's more people wearing uniforms than are watching this game in the arena. That program has fallen off a cliff which is surprising since there's so much good high school basketball played in and around the Panhandle. I swear there's some better players at Wayland Baptist up in Plainview.

Atomic Frawg

Yeah, I went to law school up there. The arena used to draw as much, if not more than men's hoops. They might want to pull a K-State and go throw a hunk of cheese at Marsha Sharp, along with a "please, baby, baby please."