• The KillerFrogs

DMN: What TCU needs; 'Griffin For President'; not sold on Longhorns run game

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: What TCU needs; 'Griffin For President'; not sold on Longhorns run game

Big Steaming Pile, special contributor

- Don't believe TCU coach Gary Patterson at all when he says he's not bothered by the fact the four lettered crew and other media dummies such as myself continually pick his team to lose against AQ schools. It irritates to him no end. All you had to do was listen to his two or three-minute rant about how Lee Corso, who he says he likes, picked the Frogs to lose by three touchdowns to Oregon State.

The reality is not many people respect his team, and won't, until they beat Texas, LSU or Ohio State in the Super Bowl.

- What TCU needs now is for Oregon State to run the table. TCU's strength of schedule will look good going into its MWC schedule, but it's going to take a major hit when the Frogs start playing the likes of New Mexico, Colorado State and others.

- TCU needs to hope Wayne Daniels improves rapidly in his quest to become the next Tommy Blake/Jerry Hughes. Daniels had two sacks of Oregon State QB Ryan Katz, but the Frogs did not pressure the passer the way they are known to chase QBs. ...

SnoSki

- TCU needs to hope Wayne Daniels improves rapidly in his quest to become the next Tommy Blake/Jerry Hughes. Daniels had two sacks of Oregon State QB Ryan Katz, but the Frogs did not pressure the passer the way they are known to chase QBs. ...

I think this had more to do with the fact that our LBs, CBs and Safeties had to account for not one, but two Rogers bros. When it comes time to playing TTU, Baylor, SMU (just about anyone else, really).. then we'll mix in LB/CB/safety blitzes too I'd imagine.

ACroofrog

I watched Maponga a ton Saturday night to see what he had and I was very very impressed he was literally half a step away from a sack on almost every other play. Now obviously half a step away doesnt get the job done but I am very excited to see how he improves over the course of the year, I think the QB pressure will be there.

FROGDADDY

I think the QB pressure will be there.

I do too, and I think it would have been there on Saturday if GP had chosen to attack that way. FWIW, the best line of that article was Engel's take on the KU game where he noted that there was a least ONE postive to be taken from the 6-3 loss to ND St - "nobody died". Funny.