• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Waxahachie's LaDarius Brown keeping quiet about his college plans

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: Waxahachie's LaDarius Brown keeping quiet about his college plans
[size="-1"]
[/size]By CORBETT SMITH / The Dallas Morning News

LaDarius Brown is tired of answering the same questions, week after week, from a bevy of reporters.

Everyone from college recruiting services to the television reporter that came to Waxahachie's practice Tuesday has bombarded Brown with the same question: "Where are you going to college?"

"Same stuff, over and over," Brown said. "Nothing new."

A 6-3, 190-pound free safety and wide receiver, Brown is ranked as the top recruit from the Dallas/Fort Worth area by Rivals.com. He's listed No 56 among the nation's recruits by Rivals and named by the same service as one of the country's top 10 most versitile prospects.

He has narrowed his choices to TCU and Texas A&M, but hasn't made his decision and doesn't plan to until after the season. ...

SnoSki

His choice:
tcu_294.jpg

or

aggies-squeeze-small.jpg

talor

TAMU could lose 5 of their next 6 and finish the season 4-8.

Best case scenario is that they have a chance in 4 of the remaining 6 games. I predict they go 5-7 and that will make Brown's decision a little easier.

HoustonHornedFrog

TAMU could lose 5 of their next 6 and finish the season 4-8.

Best case scenario is that they have a chance in 4 of the remaining 6 games. I predict they go 5-7 and that will make Brown's decision a little easier.

Although from this quote, it sounds like TCU being so much better than atm might backfire.

"Oklahoma offered him a scholarship early in the process, but he wasn't interested, and hasn't made a trip to Norman. 'They've already got some good players down there,' Brown said."

Maybe he is more interested in going somewhere that he can get immediate playing time. Wouldn't have thought 10 years ago that atm could recruit against TCU by saying "Hey kid come here and you'll be starting as a freshman, go to TCU and you'll be on the bench for the next two years."

Houston Frog

Although from this quote, it sounds like TCU being so much better than atm might backfire.

"Oklahoma offered him a scholarship early in the process, but he wasn't interested, and hasn't made a trip to Norman. 'They've already got some good players down there,' Brown said."

Maybe he is more interested in going somewhere that he can get immediate playing time. Wouldn't have thought 10 years ago that atm could recruit against TCU by saying "Hey kid come here and you'll be starting as a freshman, go to TCU and you'll be on the bench for the next two years."

While I like the spirit of your post, I think he will find plenty of playing time at TCU as a true freshman.

Latest posts