• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Dalton to start pre-season opener Friday

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: Dalton to start pre-season opener Friday

By JON MACHOTA
Special Contributor to SportsDayDFW.com

With Carson Palmer choosing retirement over strapping on a Cincinnati Bengals helmet for another season, TCU graduate Andy Dalton has become the front-runner to start at QB Week 1 for the Bengals.

Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis recently announced that Dalton will be the starter in the Bengals’ preseason opener Friday night against the Detroit Lions.

“It’s a good opportunity for me,” Dalton said Monday. “I knew once I got drafted here there was going to be an opportunity. I feel I’ve come out and worked hard and tried to get better each day. That’s all I can do right now.” ...

GoFrogs

Cool. I don't have the NFL network...I wonder if the NFL will be streaming any games like ESPN3 did this year..?

jckilman

2314:
Regret my yanking your chain, but I have lived in Fort Worth for 71 years and have never had much use for any team whose name begins with Dallas. I had a warm spot for the Cowboys while Bob Lilly played there (surely you watched them then, right?)

I don't remember exactly when I figured out that TCU's horrible years started about 1960 when the Cowboys came into being. Then it was Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys all over the media all the time.