• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Can Horned Frogs make strides to win Big 12 games they’ve lost in recent seasons?

4th. down

I think your absolutely on to something but Kill and Beck desperately want this offense to be RPO based and so that why you see max being asked to pull and pop.

When Brady was most effective there was no RPO, he just got back to pass as quick as he could and had more than ample time and by the 2nd. half the KC defensive line was gassed. I would like to see on some plays Max do the same, no faking to a RB, drop back quick and deep, seeing the field as he goes back. Certainly Kenny and Beck see this also but will they implement it?

Froggish

When Brady was most effective there was no RPO, he just got back to pass as quick as he could and had more than ample time and by the 2nd. half the KC defensive line was gassed. I would like to see on some plays Max do the same, no faking to a RB, drop back quick and deep, seeing the field as he goes back. Certainly Kenny and Beck see this also but will they implement it?

Id like to see that as well but I just don’t see it happening. They don’t like him scanning the field. They want 1 read routes for him. Screens, fades, and RPO. Quick pops. Again..I go back to the trust issue. The coaches don’t have trust in him and he doesn’t trust himself..It’s a bad combo.

ticketfrog123

Id like to see that as well but I just don’t see it happening. They don’t like him scanning the field. They want 1 read routes for him. Screens, fades, and RPO. Quick pops. Again..I go back to the trust issue. The coaches don’t have trust in him and he doesn’t trust himself..It’s a bad combo.

Pretty sure there’s a valid reason he doesn’t scan the field much...he missed identifying at least 6 guys wide open for TDs last year

(that’s chandler Morris’ intro music playing in the background)

4th. down

Unfortunately, I believe you are right but trust can be gained by a good offensive line.......that's a good starting point.

On another note, looked at some workout film on sam jackson made in the last couple of days....he appears to be a Boykin clone.

Froggish

Pretty sure there’s a valid reason he doesn’t scan the field much...he missed identifying at least 6 guys wide open for TDs last year

(that’s chandler Morris’ intro music playing in the background)

It’s always chicken/egg. Ton of variables..
-Are they giving him snap throws because that’s how they want the offense to function?
-Are they giving him snap throws because he has a poor OL and inexperienced WR group?
- OR...Is it because he is a slow processor and they don’t trust him?

Answer is probably some of all of it but we’ll never know. There isn’t anyone in the know who’s going to give you a straight answer.

Froggish

Unfortunately, I believe you are right but trust can be gained by a good offensive line.......that's a good starting point.

On another note, looked at some workout film on sam jackson made in the last couple of days....he appears to be a Boykin clone.

That kid has a beautiful release and very nice mechanics. He’s going to fun to watch

Froggish

#FreeDoug... I've said this before but I've studies a lot of Meacham and what we are doing Offensively right now is about 90% Kill/Beck and 10% Doug. My favorite Meacham play is a RB screen he ran as the OC at Houston in 2013. Two Back 20 Personnel with slot orbit motion...This is the offense I want to see us get to..

7:24 Second mark of the following Video.

Again.. #FreeDoug ..Yes he can get a bit wild and unfocused but he knows how to attack a defense if you leave him alone. Incidentally, the spread offense being run by UTSA here is clearly influenced by Schultz/Fuente. When I dug into it, sure enough..TCU grad and former GSA Kevin Brown was their OC under Coker.