• The KillerFrogs

Did you hear those tool ESPN baseball announcers...

Virginia Frog

Yes, Warren Buffett met with the TCU team on Monday morining...and was wearing a TCU bb hat too!

When these goofballs reported same, they started to speculate was to "WHY" Warren Buffett would meet with "them." Of course these announcers (or their staff) did no research on "why" this esteemed gentleman would meet with the TCU team, as opposed to any other team in Omaha. Their speculation "Oh, he (Buffett) had planned to meet with TEXAS and TCU was the closest thing in Omaha to UT this year." WRONG!!!

No dummies...he went to meet with "T.C.U." baseballers and WANTED to meet with the TCU boys...who are there on their OWN MERITS . His has a great association with Fort Worth businesses (Burlington Northern Santa Fe. Justin Boots, etc) and he IS a TCU fan. TEXAS UNIVERSITY has nothing to do with his esteem in respect to TCU. TCU is NOT in the UTx shadow dudes.

Earlier this year a group of TCU finance/investment/BBA/MBA students traveled to Omaha to SPEND THE DAY with Mr. Buffett. Yes, he likes us (for us.)

Yes I was screaming at the TV when I heard this. Groups of TCU students meet him every year, so why would he not want to meet the baseball team in the CWS! Why would the oracle of Omaha give a crap about UT.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
As Mrs. Brewingfrog pointed out, the TCU School of Business students maintain a very nice investment portfolio that, unlike nearly every other school's, has grown substantially over these last few difficult years.

He was probably looking for some tips...

swimmerbabe11

Did they ever figure out what the "mysterious strange" tool that they were using to stimulate BH's arm with??

I wanted to hit them. And then they talked about NASA and pencils for like 6 years.

talor

If I remember correctly, outside the state of Texas, Omaha sends more kids to TCU than any other city perhaps with the exception of Kansas City.

DrHFrog

QUOTE(TCUTalor @ Jun 22 2010, 09:22 AM) [snapback]585696[/snapback]
If I remember correctly, outside the state of Texas, Omaha sends more kids to TCU than any other city perhaps with the exception of Kansas City.

I had always thought it was Chicago... regardless... the announcers were terrible. no doubt!! But at least they didn't show ADAM Dalton again.

westtexfrog

QUOTE(Virginia Frog @ Jun 22 2010, 01:00 AM) [snapback]585616[/snapback]
Yes, Warren Buffett met with the TCU team on Monday morining...and was wearing a TCU bb hat too!

When these goofballs reported same, they started to speculate was to "WHY" Warren Buffett would meet with "them." Of course these announcers (or their staff) did no research on "why" this esteemed gentleman would meet with the TCU team, as opposed to any other team in Omaha. Their speculation "Oh, he (Buffett) had planned to meet with TEXAS and TCU was the closest thing in Omaha to UT this year." WRONG!!!

No dummies...he went to meet with "T.C.U." baseballers and WANTED to meet with the TCU boys...who are there on their OWN MERITS . His has a great association with Fort Worth businesses (Burlington Northern Santa Fe. Justin Boots, etc) and he IS a TCU fan. TEXAS UNIVERSITY has nothing to do with his esteem in respect to TCU. TCU is NOT in the UTx shadow dudes.

Earlier this year a group of TCU finance/investment/BBA/MBA students traveled to Omaha to SPEND THE DAY with Mr. Buffett. Yes, he likes us (for us.)

Buffett is also friends with former TCU chairman of the board, John Roach.

YA

Those guys taking texts from ucla fans and quoting them on the air to quit talking about TCU was the final straw for me.

They never once mentioned that our Coach got Coach of the Year award (except in graphics) or that we have a ace on the staff that was drafted higher than their ace.

Or that we beat Cal State Fullerton in series that ucla struggled to beat in the regional.

Or that we beat anyone besides Texas and Texas this and Texas that all night long. Rarely talked about our players and miked up the the small ucla fan area to make it appear they were the only fans there.

It is obvious that they did not do their homework for this game or that the SID did not get them the materials to do so(which I doubt). They were terrible.

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(YA @ Jun 22 2010, 10:00 AM) [snapback]585745[/snapback]
Those guys taking texts from ucla fans and quoting them on the air to quit talking about TCU was the final straw for me.

They never once mentioned that our Coach got Coach of the Year award (except in graphics) or that we have a ace on the staff that was drafted higher than their ace.

Or that we beat Cal State Fullerton in series that ucla struggled to beat in the regional.

Or that we beat anyone besides Texas and Texas this and Texas that all night long. Rarely talked about our players and miked up the the small ucla fan area to make it appear they were the only fans there.

It is obvious that they did not do their homework for this game or that the SID did not get them the materials to do so(which I doubt). They were terrible.

They were/are horrible - and "homers" to the point of ridiculousness. Call in an air strike... :ph34r:

Frog_Fan71

QUOTE(swimmerbabe11 @ Jun 22 2010, 08:22 AM) [snapback]585660[/snapback]
Did they ever figure out what the "mysterious strange" tool that they were using to stimulate BH's arm with??

I wanted to hit them. And then they talked about NASA and pencils for like 6 years.

I didn't see what they were using, but from the brief description, it was a "Stim-Pen" similar to this:

http://www.aamedicaldevice.com/acupuncture...ointer-d21.html