• The KillerFrogs

Did Ron Jiles ever get an NFL tryout/camp?

SwissArmyFrog

I looked up Ron Jiles online this morning and found a site that ranked the notable TCU quarterbacks. Jiles was listed at #33, but the photo they used for him looked like a Philadelphia Eagles outfit, and the stadium background looked NFL-scale. I could find no info that he ever connected with an NFL team, but if he only went to camp and was on the field/sideline for a pre-season game(s) I can see why no info is available.

Here is page 2 of the list. Jiles is 3rd from the top. You can click to go to page 1 of the list (you might also find their top 10 good for some internet banter/arguments!):

OICU812

Hard to imagine. Certainly not as qb (wr # in that pic, which I’m not convinced is him) after the misery he endured at qb here with no protection. Plus, had a really funky semi-sidearm delivery and so bow legged I can’t picture him being fleet enough to WR.

Austintxfrog94

I'm sure a lot of those pictures are incorrect, they have Vogler wearing #81 and P.D. Shabay as a black guy. I don't recall Jiles going to a training camp but I could be wrong.