• The KillerFrogs

Devin Fuller rates TCU trip a "9"

West Coast Johnny

I'm also on record as saying I think he could be an excellent college QB, but I don't think that's where his future is in the NFL, so it might be in his best longterm interests to consider making the switch now. I do understand the allure to playing QB though, so I wouldn't fault him if that's what he decides to do.

I believe that I read that one of Devin's mentor's is NFL HOF defensive back Darrell Green? An NFL team typically has 2 to 3 QBs on roster and 7 - 8 safeties. Safeties also have a much easier shot at making rosters due to special teams play. The logical possition to play if I were Devin is safety. Hopefully he is getting good advise on this.

Houston Frog

I have never understood all the Wild Frog references here. W ehave run it something like 7 times total since it was started 3 years ago? Unless you consider Matt Brown's appearances this year.

Definitely not a focal point of the offense, but it could be used occasionally (especially with the right guy like Fuller would be), and more than anything it would just be another thing to sell him on during his recruitment.

I just like having at least the threat of it in there so it gives the opposing defense another thing to prepare for when playing us.

2themax

As of this morning, found out Devin is a lean. To what school I don't know. Hard to tell. Neb promising qb with only 2 on roster, Az is now calling big time (Rich Rodriguez), and TCU is a really good fit except for cloudy position issue. Rutgers are running Power I off, but claiming they will modify it for him. I still think the staff has a good chance at closing the deal. Get the feeling he's close to committing. Believe he will head to Univ Az for a look 1st.

froglodyte

This thread is a perfect example of why I stopped visiting this website. I only got back on last night during the Poinsettia Bowl to vent some of my frustration.The original post asked a simple question. The ensuing 5 pages is a bunch of inane posts by guys who have no manners, no respect, no job or no friends. I've met a few of you and I don't want to start calling you by name but most of you regulars have so screwed up this site that it is about as welcoming of the casual fan as a Wisconsin Badger. I'm done with it. And some of you guys pay for this?

An-Cap Frog

This thread is a perfect example of why I stopped visiting this website. I only got back on last night during the Poinsettia Bowl to vent some of my frustration.The original post asked a simple question. The ensuing 5 pages is a bunch of inane posts by guys who have no manners, no respect, no job or no friends. I've met a few of you and I don't want to start calling you by name but most of you regulars have so screwed up this site that it is about as welcoming of the casual fan as a Wisconsin Badger. I'm done with it. And some of you guys pay for this?
I thought you would never leave...

tcuseagull

Nebraska's recruiting class is kind of a joke right now and they already have a QB commit. Not to mention you have to live in Nebraska....nuff said.

Rutgers....really? Bad team in a bad conference. Zero potential for the national spotlight. Penn state is in total shambles, terrible atmosphere to enter into as a freshman.

I think Devin's best options are TCU and Alabama as a safety, especially if he wants to play in the NFL. He needs to really weigh his options position-wise and should probably think long-term about this. But I understand him wanting to play QB; he's young and very talented. Hopefully the fact that he hasn't told his dad what school he's leaning toward means he's keeping it a surprise and is following his dad's legacy

SuperToad

So how good is he at QB vs. Safety? I keep hearing he is a stud at safety, but just an average QB. Can anyone clear this up? Idk why he's so dead set on QB if this is true

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus

Froglodyte, with all due respect to you, this site has never been strictly about responding to the title of whatever thread and that goes back to the early - mid 90's before I owned it.

The Frog Fan Forum has always been a place for expressing yourself and some pithy comments along the way. Are there a bunch of smart aleck answers in each thread? Oh yeah but I just ignore them and read what I want to read.

I will agree with you that some of our guys act in a manner that I usually associate with Tech fans or aggies, but they are TCU fans and I welcome them for their passion about our school. However, fans of all schools are welcome and if you will look around, you will see some very nice responses to Baylor fans, WVU fans and Louisiana Tech fans.

FROGDADDY

The "no job or no friends" comment kind of makes your no manners, no respect" comment ring a little hollow don't you think?

Hunt Together

So how good is he at QB vs. Safety? I keep hearing he is a stud at safety, but just an average QB. Can anyone clear this up? Idk why he's so dead set on QB if this is true

I don't know who said he was an average QB, but they're wrong. He's a great HS QB, and in all likelihood would be a pretty solid one in college. The kid's a hell of an athlete, and anyone who says they know his best position is lying, he could play QB, WR, or DB in college.

That said, he's not your prototypical QB prospect, more of a runner, option QB. Think Pat White or Eric Crouch, not RGIII or Cam, and thus not a great fit for our offense. Due to his style of play at QB, people think his highest ceiling and a potential NFL career is likely at DB.

TCURealtyFrog

Sorry FrogKing, but this site really has a lot of dewshy, Internet-police, jerk types. The amount of TCU content has dwindled downto very little.

Now it's mostly just know-it-all's and people who couldn't get along with anybody in a real life situation if their lives depended on it.

tcuseagull

He's very fast and could be a dangerous dual-threat quarterback. From what I hear he can throw a dart with a tight spiral. The only problem is he's 6'0. How many NFL quarterbacks do you know of that stature? Hardly any. Seeing over the line is crucial.

HFrog1999

He's very fast and could be a dangerous dual-threat quarterback. From what I hear he can throw a dart with a tight spiral. The only problem is he's 6'0. Hoe many NFL quarterbacks do you know of that stature? Hardly any. Seeing over the line is crucial.
He may not be done growing.

That being said, I don't know why a player who could play other positions would insist on playing quarterback. As a general rule, unless a player starts right away at quarterback like Dalton did, he'll see a lot more playing time at any other position.

Of course, I've always been partial to defense. It's better to hit than be hit.

maximilian

921-relax-sonny-no-need-to-be-mad.png