• The KillerFrogs

Deseret News: Texas expected to face more ‘Horns Down’ drama at TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Texas expected to face more ‘Horns Down’ drama at TCU​

Kelsey Dallas

DtX9_xsWsAA3Hox

Texas basketball can’t shake the “Horns Down” drama.

Two weeks after coach Rodney Terry criticized UCF players for mocking Texas’ famous hand signal after a Jan. 18 game, fans of other Big 12 teams won’t let him forget his comments.

On Saturday, ahead of Texas’ game at TCU, a group called Barstool TCU will reportedly hand out 500 “Horns Down” T-shirts to TCU students in the school’s student section.

Read more at https://sports.yahoo.com/texas-expe...RwoM1PWFmBWtCw5H4NXp-ct6bq7sn4dgv3IXDxpmTnr-F

tcudoc

It’s all part of the farewell tour. It’s almost as if they have asked for it to happen. Classless or not, if you reveal a weakness to your opponent, they would be foolish not to exploit it. It’s hard for me to believe that the coach and others bothered by it would be foolish enough to show their hand like they have. Of course, it could be that the coach wants this to happen to fire his team up. Kind of a “Br’er rabbit and the briar patch” scenario.

Froggy Style

I don’t think they want it. I just think they’re delusional enough to think others should respect their golden hand sign.
They better not do frogs down or I will go crazy….or laugh at them, one of those.

Limp Lizard

The horns down sign is just an obvious (to me) reaction for the fans of opposing teams. The horns sign became very famous nationally during the 60's (yes I know it was first used against TCU in '55). There are so much worse things to do than just invert a hand sign. Now there are a ton of hand signs around including Houston's cougar claw, TCU's horned frog sign and predating them all the aggy gig-em, which is just a thumbs-up (and was first used against TCU).

Just way too obvious and silly for the horns to get upset. The only thing meant to denigrate Texas the university, is the "t.u." thing aggy has and really only makes sense to an aggy.

OICU812

The horns down sign is just an obvious (to me) reaction for the fans of opposing teams. The horns sign became very famous nationally during the 60's (yes I know it was first used against TCU in '55). There are so much worse things to do than just invert a hand sign. Now there are a ton of hand signs around including Houston's cougar claw, TCU's horned frog sign and predating them all the aggy gig-em, which is just a thumbs-up (and was first used against TCU).
The one I really enjoyed from SWC days was Rice using just the one finger for, “Peck ‘em, Owls.”

namollec

From Canva:

Some say burnt orange symbolizes negative emotions such as selfishness, pride, or aggression...

Really dislike that color.
I always thought of it as some variety of brown.