• The KillerFrogs

Des Moines Register: Matt Campbell on Top 25: 'Those things are things you want after the season'

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Des Moines Register: Matt Campbell on Top 25: 'Those things are things you want after the season'

Tommy Birch, tbirch@dmreg.com

AMES, Ia. — Iowa State football fans were buzzing with excitement when the Cyclones jumped back in the Associated Press' poll for the first time since 2005.

One person who didn't seem to care. Cyclones coach Matt Campbell.

"I had no reaction," Campbell said during his weekly press conference Monday. "It is what it is. ... Those things are things you want to have after the season."

There is plenty to celebrate right now. Iowa State's 5-2 start to the season and 3-1 record in Big 12 Conference play earned the Cyclones a spot in the AP Poll at No. 25.

Read more at http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...-things-you-want-have-after-season/790120001/

MTfrog5

Going to be interested to see if ISU can hang on to Campbell. He's a really good coach and I think I saw that whoever hires him has to pay 9 million to ISU. Tennessee and others might be willing to pitch in that money

MinFrog

I will say, if this were just another sleepy game against ISU, I would be more worried about this being a let down game with UT up next.

This thing is for damn sure on the radar now. I am pumped for this thing. It won't be a trap game for sure.

Sebastian S

The early atmosphere is going to be insane in Ames. This is a good thing- nobody feeds off road energy better than the frogs.
tcu-kenny-hill-shhh.jpg

LSU Game Attendee

Going to be interested to see if ISU can hang on to Campbell. He's a really good coach and I think I saw that whoever hires him has to pay 9 million to ISU. Tennessee and others might be willing to pitch in that money
I expect he'll cash in on Lazard's senior year, but would love to see Campbell dig in and build the program over 5+ years in Ames. They're easy to cheer for when not playing the frogs. Also if they could start laying consistent beatings on Iowa that would be great for B12.

CountryFrog

It'll be packed! Something we can't seem to do at AGCS and we're undefeated and #4 in the country.
Pretty sure if we had a top 5 team coming in here then it would be SRO. Tough to get casual fans interested in barely ranked West Virginia and awful Kansas.

Even unranked Texas next week is SRO because they are a regional rival.

netty2424

Pretty sure if we had a top 5 team coming in here then it would be SRO. Tough to get casual fans interested in barely ranked West Virginia and awful Kansas.

Even unranked Texas next week is SRO because they are a regional rival.
It's a football game at designated time, it's no secret. You either want to be there or you don't. The rest are just excuses.

VA Froggie

I thinking this TCU team is ready for anyone. Last week proved it to me. We have always had trouble with Kansas and we played an almost perfect game. No way will we be looking past ISU to the Texas game.

LSU Game Attendee

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Good lord. They have 13 pages about it too. Pretty funny to read. We have pro teams and a million other things to do while ISU has issues with farmers not wanting to leave their fields for harvest

Time for a punchline involving farmersonly.com. Knock yourself out.

If you are concerned more about the harvest than linking your arms, dressing in prison garb and grabbing your nuts, that's a real Aggie.