• The KillerFrogs

Davey O'Brien Award winner announced tonight

HFrog1999

I’m so happy right now. I’ve been wanting this award to come home! Thank You Max!

Bruce Harwood Happy Cry GIF

WhatTheFrog

Why do I get the feeling that all of these other awards he is winning are a consolation prize? I hate being cynical, but I trust the Heisman committee about as much as I trust the CFP committee. I definitely think Max is the most deserving and I don't THINK I'm saying that as a homer. It may actually hurt his fans more than it would hurt him if he doesn't get it, but I think that's because his fans know how much he deserves it while he downplays his own accomplishments. He is right that the award actually reflects well on the rest of his teammates. He couldn't do what he's done without them, for sure.

HFrog1999

Why do I get the feeling that all of these other awards he is winning are a consolation prize? I hate being cynical, but I trust the Heisman committee about as much as I trust the CFP committee. I definitely think Max is the most deserving and I don't THINK I'm saying that as a homer. It may actually hurt his fans more than it would hurt him if he doesn't get it, but I think that's because his fans know how much he deserves it while he downplays his own accomplishments. He is right that the award actually reflects well on the rest of his teammates. He couldn't do what he's done without them, for sure.

The Davey O’ award is far from a consolation prize.

It’s definitely a good sign for the Heisman.

Palliative Care

I am ok if Max does not win the Heisman. I want him to win it but the I think the deck was stacked anyway.

Getting the O’Brien is special because it is tied to TCU.
If Max goes into the Michigan game as a runner up to some yo-yo like you know who, at least he can show in that game that the voters were wrong. It would be very fitting. Maybe even that is what he is destined to do. It would be the year he and TCU blew apart the good old boy’s club in a “in your face” style.