• The KillerFrogs

Dana H: K St best coached team in the country

tmcats

Thank you for this graphic that basically everyone is already familiar with.

Maybe he wants a chance to win a Big Ten championship and compete seriously in the playoff? Do you have a neat little graph of how much more likely Michigan State is to win the Big Ten than Kansas State?
klieman has turned down interest form purdue, michigan state (twice), and nebraska. iowa is the only b10 school that would seemingly pose a threat.

along the same line, collin klein turned down the o'coordinator job at notre dame earlier this year. he also shunned interest from alabama and aTm reportedly.

Last edited:

bc puckett

he's turned down interest from nebraska, purdue, and michigan state (twice). the only job in that league he'd take is iowa, perhaps, his home state.

there's more to life than money. that's hard to understand for people who don't have it. and by the way, north dakota state has fallen off the table since he left for k-state.

images
Fallen off the table? Since Matt Entz has taken over he is 53-8 in what is now his 5th season. He won National Championships in 2019 and 2021 and lost in last years NCG. Not sure too many people, other than you, would consider this "falling off the table"

tmcats

Fallen off the table? Since Matt Entz has taken over he is 53-8 in what is now his 5th season. He won National Championships in 2019 and 2021 and lost in last years NCG. Not sure too many people, other than you, would consider this "falling off the table"
ndsu just lost to und for the first time in 20 years and hasn't beaten it's arch rival south dakota state the last four tries.

Wexahu

Brian Ferentz's contract will be dissolved at Iowa. I think there's a very good chance that Kirk just retires rather than admit he was wrong about his son. Better than 50/50 odds the Iowa job is open, imo. That said, they'd be as likely as not to just promote the DC, Parker.
Say what you want about his son, but Iowa will take a step back once Ferentz calls it quits, you can almost take that to the bank. It's IOWA. They need to play a certain way in order to consistently win and that way isn't by throwing the ball all over the place and trying to outscore people. They've tried that at Purdue and Nebraska for the past 20 years, how has that worked out?

Whenever an upper midwest program not named Ohio State gets away from the formula they start sucking. They all try (except Iowa), and it never works.

tmcats

Say what you want about his son, but Iowa will take a step back once Ferentz calls it quits, you can almost take that to the bank. It's IOWA. They need to play a certain way in order to consistently win and that way isn't by throwing the ball all over the place and trying to outscore people. They've tried that at Purdue and Nebraska for the past 20 years, how has that worked out?

Whenever an upper midwest program not named Ohio State gets away from the formula they start sucking. They all try (except Iowa), and it never works.
watching b10 football is sobering, like watching mud turn to dirt, wine to vinegar.

Frogfam4

there's more to life than money. that's hard to understand for people who don't have it.

maslow-s-hierarchy-of-needs--scalable-vector-illustration-655400474-5c6a47f246e0fb000165cb0a.jpg
I agree there is more to life than money. But Money is not a factor why do people (coaches, athletes, or even ordinary people) leave their current situation to make more money? Money is always a factor no matter how much you have.

tmcats

I agree there is more to life than money. But Money is not a factor why do people (coaches, athletes, or even ordinary people) leave their current situation to make more money? Money is always a factor no matter how much you have.
money needs are met pretty early for p5 coaches. other things become more important after that cup is filled. it's why mark few is still at gonzaga and collin klein didn't take the notre dame job.

East Coast

Tier 1
coach klieman is closely tied to gene taylor, k-state's a.d. i doubt he'd leave taylor after he promoted klieman to head coach at ndsu and then k-state. they are like brothers. taylor is 65. klieman 56.

Klieman is a smart dude, and he's making life changing money at K State. The question with Michigan State would be could they pay him enough to move to that cesspool. If I was in Klieman's place, the answer would be no. A place like Iowa, Utah, or Missouri would be interesting...

tjcoffice

I have a temporary subscription to Sirius XM. Those talking heads there say that often, that Kleiman is a great coach. That has been the theme the past few days after K state beat a certain team 41-3. <eye roll> To his credit, Kleiman sounds fairly humble when they talk to him. He is about the opposite of Coach Prime.

Boomhauer

In all honesty Kleiman is a great coach and likely the best in the Big 12. I do wonder if he can get the talent needed to compete for a championship. But thats most programs. So would think it would need to be a top 10 program that gets the talent to compete with a UGA to lure him away.

tmcats

In all honesty Kleiman is a great coach and likely the best in the Big 12. I do wonder if he can get the talent needed to compete for a championship. But thats most programs. So would think it would need to be a top 10 program that gets the talent to compete with a UGA to lure him away.
he's catholic. thus, notre dame would probably be hard to pass for coach klieman. maybe michigan if jim h. leaves? for now, we're going to enjoy the ride here in manhattan. collin klein will be next up.

coach klieman may be like bill snyder though, who in his autobiography said arkansas's frank broyles offered him in a personal telephone call: "the job is yours if you want it." he walked from ucla after visiting los angeles. and an nfl team sent him a contract for signature which he declined. snyder had many offers but never left because he loved this place.

Last edited:

crankuptheenolagay

Have we ever hired anyone with "massive achievements" prior to them coming here? If so, name them, I'd like to see what those massive achievements were so we can do a comparison.

Both KB and JG had very solid credentials when we hired them and if TCU hadn't hired them, it's very likely another very good program would have. And look at all the assistants out there hired by major programs that don't work out, there are no sure things.
Jim Wacker had 4 Natty’s when he came here. Two at Tx Lutheran and two at Tx State

H0RNEDFR0G

There's no reason why KSU shouldn't be the favorite to win the conf. for the next 3 years with their coaching and Avery Johnson at QB. If it's not them it will be Utah.

The high hopes that the Frogs would be the favorite after OU and Texas left have been completely dashed.

Losing Newton, Hodge, Perry & Bradford on defense.

Losing Bailey, Savion, Wiley, Coleman, Coker, & Lanz on offense.

I see no silver lining for next year.

Toad Jones

What separates Klieman is his preparation and quick decisions during the game. Plus, he knows HOW to select a staff!

Understand, his guys think the world of him. In this day and age, that's almost unheard of!

He's a good one, no doubt

Frogfam4

There's no reason why KSU shouldn't be the favorite to win the conf. for the next 3 years with their coaching and Avery Johnson at QB. If it's not them it will be Utah.

The high hopes that the Frogs would be the favorite after OU and Texas left have been completely dashed.

Sometimes losing guys off an under achieving team is a good thing.

Frawg

he's turned down interest from nebraska, purdue, and michigan state (twice). the only job in that league he'd take is iowa, perhaps, his home state.

there's more to life than money. that's hard to understand for people who don't have it. and by the way, north dakota state has fallen off the table since he left for k-state.

images
Seems like a B1G kind of guy. However, the schools that have shown interest look like terrible jobs.

last year our coaching was being fawned over. Y’all have an excellent offensive line this year. A necessity for that style of offense. Unsustainable in little aggieville. He might get tired of a conference championship being his max upside and hunger for more fertile recruiting ground.

Wexahu

SMH. Can we tap the brakes just a bit? What has the guy played, two games? Completed 13 passes?

I remember the comments made about Chandler Morris after the '21 Baylor game. And here we are.