• The KillerFrogs

Dan Jenkins Update

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I felt this deserved its own thread

Yesterday I was contacted by someone at TCU, who informed me that the rumor about Dan Jenkins offering his manuscripts to TCU and the school wanting a donation were entirely false

The relationship between TCU and Mr Jenkins is fine and there are no hard feelings whatsoever.

Mr. Jenkins reached out to TCU and said the rumor is false. That's from the man himself.

TCU is planning to honor him soon and what UT is getting from Mr Jenkins is not his entire body of work. Some of that work will end up at TCU.

Don't fret. All is well

Last edited:

Double V

I felt this deserved its own thread

Yesterday I was contacted by someone at TCU, who informed me that the rumor about Dan Jenkins offering his manuscripts to TCU and the school wanting a donation were entirely false

The relationship between TCU and Mr Jenkins is fine and there are no hard feelings whatsoever.

Mr. Jenkins reached out to TCU and said the rumor is false. That's from the man himself.

TCU is planning to honor him soon and what UT is getting from Mr Jenkins is not his entire body of work. Some of that work will end up at TCU.

Don't fret. All is well

I think you meant "from the man his ownself."

Relieved to know that Jenkins has not abandoned the Frogs by becoming a 'Closet Longhorn'.

TCU should be the recipient of his bounteous literary works.

Deep Purple

I blame the Russians.
I blame all the guys in that thread who were so quick to jump on an unverified rumor and spin it into an elaborate yarn about:

1) This is CDC and his drive for more money.
2) Some major rift between the faculty and the Chancellor or...
3) A segment of the Trustees and the Chancellor, and...
4) Boschini's job is hanging by a thread.

Worse than gossipy pubescent girls playing a game of telephone. Worthy of Fox News or MSNBC.

ftwfrog

With most topics in this world, I am ignorant. But should there really be such an outrage if D. Jenkin's "works" are kept in another spot? We're not talking about the Magna Carta here. I know DJ is old school but aren't most of his works now available electronically? Can't one just look them up on the interweb? A wing dedicated to him and his writing, or a spot in the TCU hall of fame with a famous work would be better suited if you ask me, but like I say I'm an idiot when it comes to the art of writing.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
This is good news, but I guess I am wondering how any of his things ended up in Austin.

Because someone established the award in his name.

I wouldn't get all worked up about it. UT didn't just wake up one day and ask themselves how they can steal some TCU thunder. Someone, maybe one of his friends, stepped up and gave the money to UT so that the award could be established in Jenkins' name.

The award is a big deal.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
With most topics in this world, I am ignorant. But should there really be such an outrage if D. Jenkin's "works" are kept in another spot? We're not talking about the Magna Carta here. I know DJ is old school but aren't most of his works now available electronically? Can't one just look them up on the interweb? A wing dedicated to him and his writing, or a spot in the TCU hall of fame with a famous work would be better suited if you ask me, but like I say I'm an idiot when it comes to the art of writing.

Bingo.

Like I said, UT is not getting the entire body of his work. Not even close

Latest posts