• The KillerFrogs

Damonic Williams to enter transfer portal

allclearforfrogs

How does TCU have any outstanding players again? Won't they just get snatched? It no longer matters where athletes are getting their education. The school is no difference. Its like the Teams arn't even really part of the school anymore - just traveling workers paid for entertainment.

EVOfrogMR

The system is broken as there is no one in charge. Any limiting rule gets struck down and the NCAA has been in Weekend at Bernie’s mode for a while.

I can’t judge the kids too harshly for acting in their best interests and I wouldn’t scream too loud about the other schools tampering as I highly doubt it’s everyone but TCU doing it.

FrogAbroad

Throughout history, numerous societal changes have sparked fears or predictions of civilization's demise or of major negative consequences. Here are several notable examples:
  1. The Industrial Revolution: This period transformed largely agrarian, rural societies into industrialized, urban ones. It caused significant upheaval, leading to predictions of social decay and the loss of traditional ways of life. Critics worried about the environmental damage and the dehumanizing effects of factory work.
  2. The Introduction of the Printing Press: The printing press made books and pamphlets more accessible, impacting the spread of knowledge but also led to fears about the uncontrollable spread of "dangerous" ideas, such as those that challenged religious or political authorities.
  3. The Rise of the Novel: In the 18th century there arose moral panics about the impact of reading fiction, especially among women and the working class. Critics claimed that novels could lead to immorality, distract from productive tasks, and cause emotional disturbances.
  4. The Introduction of the Telephone: When the telephone was first introduced, there were concerns about its potential to erode face-to-face communication and disrupt social norms. People feared that easy access to communication could lead to a breakdown in the fabric of society.
  5. The Arrival of Rock and Roll: In the 1950s, the emergence of rock and roll music was seen by many as a threat to the moral fabric of society. Critics worried that its energetic and often sexually suggestive style would corrupt the youth, leading to delinquency and a decline in traditional values.
  6. The Adoption of the Internet and Social Media: The rapid growth of the internet and social media has been met with predictions about negative impacts on attention spans, deeper social isolation, and the spread of misinformation along with concerns about privacy, mental health, and the quality of democratic discourse.
Each of these examples reflects a pattern where new technologies or cultural shifts initially provoke fear and resistance, often based on the perceived threat they pose to established social norms or ways of life. And, to be sure, some of the dire predictions appear to be at least partially accurate as society evolved, a phenomenon that has occurred throughout history with or without the assistance of technology. Change, after all, seems to be the way of the civilized world. Over time, societies generally adapt to these changes, integrating new technologies and cultural forms into a revised social order.

Froggy Style

Rough, but just a new way of doing business. We’ll now do the same thing to UAB or Fresno or whoever and not lose a night’s sleep about it.

NovaScotiaFrog

There has to be some way to keep other schools from poaching good players.
I could be wrong, but I think just signing the players to contracts to each team would solve this issue pretty quickly. For some reason, the NCAA has decided that's their Meatloaf. They would do anything for the game, but they won't do that.

Brog

How does TCU have any outstanding players again? Won't they just get snatched? It no longer matters where athletes are getting their education. The school is no difference. Its like the Teams arn't even really part of the school anymore - just traveling workers paid for entertainment.
"...getting their education..."?? You think these guys are doing all this to "get an education?" Maybe some of them are, but all these stories of a guy going from his original school to his second selection school to his third selection school somehow leaves out an "education". Saddest of all this situation is how the term "student athlete" has faded away.

hometown frog

I could be wrong, but I think just signing the players to contracts to each team would solve this issue pretty quickly. For some reason, the NCAA has decided that's their Meatloaf. They would do anything for the game, but they won't do that.
They sign contracts, they now become employees and gain additional rights that school admins do not want them to have

From a football development standpoint with eyes on the NFL one could argue that it makes sense to move on to a new defensive line coach that may see different areas he needs to improve and teach different techniques. So he is doing what is best for his college football education striving for an NFL career and the immediate transfer rule has now made that possible. Blame the immediate transfer rule.

I hate losing a player like this - two good development years by TCU with his best two ahead that now someone else gets to benefit from - a maturing star - and that is not fair to TCU.

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

He got a huge NIL increase before the last portal period. I can’t think of a reason the players can’t be put under contract. Certainly there are rules I know nothing about but the raise he got then precluded TCU from using the money elsewhere. There has to be some protection for the schools, no?
The NIL agreements are not with the schools

Traveling Frog

Looks like OU is stacking up on DL and OL for this weekend. They already have 3 DT lined up that are being talked about. He will just go to the highest bidder .

Latest posts