• The KillerFrogs

Dalton had a perfect day?

Gunner

His accuracy even got the bigmouth Griffin to take notice. Threw poison on his own defense.

21 of 23 and I know for sure he threw one away on coverage. Not a pass off his back foot. He was so accurate on passes to the flat, that the receivers didn't even have to adjust, taking them up the field for 8 to 10 yard nearly every play. Reminded me of a game Sonny Jergenson had against the Cowgirls one day. No way they were good enough to play with the Cowboys, but he was so hot, they beat 'em anyway.

When Dalton is stepping into his throws, he appears NFL ready.

There may be something "happening" with Dalton. If he gets into a rhythm like that on a regular basis, then we may be onto a special season nobody ever considered. It was an astonishing effort. With the super supporting cast around him and the best coaches anywhere, this could get to be fun.. :biggrin:

RufeBruton

I recall thinking, early in the 2nd half, that I had not said to myself, "Oh no, Andy" even once. Agree with Gunner. If he can repllicate this effort (or even 90% of it) through the balance of the season......we will we seeing something special.

joejordan

His accuracy even got the bigmouth Griffin to take notice. Threw poison on his own defense.

21 of 23 and I know for sure he threw one away on coverage. Not a pass off his back foot. He was so accurate on passes to the flat, that the receivers didn't even have to adjust, taking them up the field for 8 to 10 yard nearly every play. Reminded me of a game Sonny Jergenson had against the Cowgirls one day. No way they were good enough to play with the Cowboys, but he was so hot, they beat 'em anyway.

When Dalton is stepping into his throws, he appears NFL ready.

There may be something "happening" with Dalton. If he gets into a rhythm like that on a regular basis, then we may be onto a special season nobody ever considered. It was an astonishing effort. With the super supporting cast around him and the best coaches anywhere, this could get to be fun.. :biggrin:
Easy, this was a Baylor defense. Possibly the worst among AQ (lol) schools. It was a fantastic performance, to be sure, but that was not tough competition.

I think there are alot of people here, and elsewhere, that have 'considered' this year to be our best chance at ALL THE MARBLES in a very long time. Last year was great - but there were a lot of questions. This year - the expectations are to surpass last year - and that can only mean one thing.

And, he's not even THAT tall!

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
mechanics looked much better this week, his arm angle was better and lead to more accuracy, i think he caught fire and hope he will maintain this level all year, one thing is for sure...he is a winner

Dogfrog

Baylor corners played 12 yards off the LOS it seemed like. Left those swing passes wide open all day. Andy will need to transition out of that comfort zone and back into tight coverage mode this week.

ShreveFrog

I thought one of Andy's incompletes was a drop, and the other was a pass he should not have thrown into double coverage to Skye in the end zone.
The only time I remember Andy pressured vs. Baylor, he zipped it out to his safety valve in the left flat.
That td pass Andy fired to Kerley's back shoulder was EXCELLENT!

The incomplete was when he threw to Skye in triple coverage in the end zone. Looked like he tried to just throw it away through the endzone, but it could have had more on it.

Other incomplete was to Jimmy Young, but he was hit good and dropped it. Only good play the D made all day.

ShreveFrog

LOL. About like I saw it Bonner, but that throw to Skye was a little too close for comfort. I thought Andy was trying to force it in. When he let it go and I looked at Skye, I said, "Ohhh nooooooo, Andy don't throw that." But maybe it was a throwaway.

Gunner

Baylor's defense couldn't have affected Dalton early. He didn't know what their defense was like, having many changes since last year. His accuracy, in my opinion, had zero to do with the competition.

It could have been Oregon or Ohio State, and it wouldn't have made any difference. You are either hot or your not! A hot QB can beat you on any given day. And don't forget, Andy is not the only threat we have on offense.

I think we may be about to see something nobody expected. :wub: I do love it so!

Houston Frog

Dalton was very accurate. All the passes hit the guys right in stride and had just the amount of zip on em. He was throwing a very catchable ball and hitting guys so they didn't have to make adjustments and could start running.

Griffin on the other hand, looked like he was in the middle of a ferocious game of Burnout, and he was winning.

ShreveFrog

In defense of Griffin, he had a couple of drops that could've gone for long gains.

And I think a lack of pressure on Dalton helped his accuracy. I love Andy, but let's get real. It was pitch and catch most of the day. Almost like air drills.

Houston Frog

In defense of Griffin, he had a couple of drops that could've gone for long gains.

And I think a lack of pressure on Dalton helped his accuracy. I love Andy, but let's get real. It was pitch and catch most of the day. Almost like air drills.

Yeah but there was a reason they were dropped, it was like there were scouts there with a radar gun and he was trying to show off his cannon. He was rifling it at his receiver from 7 yards away like they were 35 yards downfield.

Houston Frog

Meh, iirc, they were both deeper throws over the middle.

Yeah, I don't know the exact distance or anything (and 7 yards was an intentional exaggeration), but last night I rewatched the 1st half and I remember thinking on two separate occasions, "geez man, take a little off it".

Yes, the WRs could have made the play, I just thought he made it a lot tougher on them than he had to.