• The KillerFrogs

Dallas Cowboys at TCU?

frogbyproxy

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2010/09/cowboys-will-practice-at-tcus-indoor-facility-wednesday-if-it-rains.html

Cowboys will practice at TCU's indoor facility Wednesday if it rains
Weather forecasters are calling for rain tomorrow. That means the Cowboys have to find some place to practice in case of bad weather. The Cowboys will practice at TCU's Sam Baugh Indoor Practice Facility on Wednesday if their outdoor practice field at Valley Ranch is unsuitable, sources with the Cowboys and TCU confirmed.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2010/09/cowboys-will-practice-at-tcus-indoor-facility-wednesday-if-it-rains.html#ixzz0yssN8G8j

UnderToad

Something that I haven't seen posted here is the impact that having the AFC team here might have on recruiting. As I understand it, with the Super Bowl on Feb. 6th, the AFC team will arrive in town a week before. About the same time, ESPN is firing up their broadcasting from Sundance Square on January 31st, with all eyes on FW and lots of screen time for TCU. National signing day is February 2, 2011 - right in the middle of all this.

So this question: Do last minute deciders give more consideration to TCU because of this? Or do we even want guys that would decide on this basis?

frogbyproxy

That's great and all, but if it rains where do the Frogs practice?

Kind of like last year! We need to practice in the rain just in case it rains on saturday. :rolleyes: Since the Cowboys are doing so as good as they are we felt they needed a break. Maybe we will rub off on them. :biggrin:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
As I understand it, with the Super Bowl on Feb. 6th, the AFC team will arrive in town a week before. About the same time, ESPN is firing up their broadcasting from Sundance Square on January 31st, with all eyes on FW and lots of screen time for TCU. National signing day is February 2, 2011 - right in the middle of all this.
Don't forget, as ESPN does all the B-roll on campus, then they pan to the......destroyed ACS and say "oh yeah, here's what that's gonna look like in 7 months."
Fade to the beauty shots of the design drawings in all their regal purple detail.
Money Shot.
"And we're back after this..."
---Cue commercial---
"At TCU, we believe...."
DOUBLE Money Shot.
Now THAT'S marketing.

UnderToad

why wouldn't the cowboys just pratice at jerry world instead of our place?
I wondered the same thing. The event schedule for Cowboy's Stadium says that Tim McGraw will headline "XLV Countdown Live From Cowboys Stadium" presented by Frito-Lay this Friday. Maybe the set up for this keeps them from being able to practice there. Kind of like if the TCU band was practicing on the field and they told the team to go somewhere else.

Latest posts