• The KillerFrogs

Daily Comet: TCU’s Hill ready to help Horned Frogs bounce back

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Daily Comet: TCU’s Hill ready to help Horned Frogs bounce back

By Chris Singleton / Staff Writer

The Texas Christian University football program took a step backwards in 2016.

After winning 12 games in 2014 and 11 games in 2015, the Horned Frogs limped to a 6-7 overall record in 2016.

While serving as a camp counselor last week at the Manning Passing Academy held at Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, TCU senior quarterback Kenny Hill said college football fans can expect the Horned Frogs to leap back into national title contention this season.

“You can expect big things from TCU this year,” Hill said. “I think we’re going to have a really good team this year coming back. I think we’re going to be a lot better. We’re expecting to have a big bounce back year.”

Read more at http://www.dailycomet.com/sports/20170701/tcus-hill-ready-to-help-horned-frogs-bounce-back

Bob

Daily Comet - gotta love it. Wonder if the Daily Planet is going to do a write-up on Kenny and the Frogs? Yes Kenny, this is what we need - a superman with the heart of a champion check it out y'all.

IF TCU has a better running game and can move a defense off the ball our passing game will improve a ton. Last year we were way too throw happy and not good at running the ball. Our Offense line needs to learn not to hold because Hill can scramble away just let them go if beat. IF our receivers can catch the ball most of the time and not drop passes we can sustain drives. All this said, defense is the key.

If our defense can return to its former glory and give our offense short fields we will do great. If we jump on a team get a big lead and make the other team throw to catch up we can dominate games and really pound the running game. I hope we get back to a defensive identity with a great offense as well, but I would rather have a great defense than offense.

Planks

Kenny just needs to play within his abilities. He's not Johnny Manziel, he's not Trevone Boykin. He plays that way sometimes, but he doesn't have that type of ability. But he can still be a successful quarterback.

-don't force the ball, throw it away if needed
-keep hitting the simple zone read runs
-keep hitting the simple underneath passes
-hit more of the deep passes
-let the run game and defense win the game

The key is our run game and defense have to step up, we can't put everything on Kenny's shoulders.

MTfrog5

Kenny just needs to play within his abilities. He's not Johnny Manziel, he's not Trevone Boykin. He plays that way sometimes, but he doesn't have that type of ability. But he can still be a successful quarterback.

-don't force the ball, throw it away if needed
-keep hitting the simple zone read runs
-keep hitting the simple underneath passes
-hit more of the deep passes
-let the run game and defense win the game

The key is our run game and defense have to step up, we can't put everything on Kenny's shoulders.
Jeff Ballard needs to come teach him how to manage a game and throw balls away. Would drive me nuts when he would scramble out of bounds for a two yard loss instead of throwing it away

ScottPatrick

What the [ darn ] is the Daily Comet?

For the area it is coming from thought it was a very nice piece.

LaFourche Parish stretches south From Thibodaux to the gulf just west of New Orleans. Its an area that is slowly disappearing as the bayous and coastline creeps inward more and more. Beautiful area if you haven't been, some great fishing areas and lots of great music.

LisaLT

You guys make a lot of good points about Hill and what needs to happen this year for him to be successful. I too hope he has come full circle and can be one of the top QBs in the league. This team has the experience and players to be very very good. I'll be most interested to see how our OL does. I think a lot hinges on that.

CountryFrog

Jeff Ballard needs to come teach him how to manage a game and throw balls away. Would drive me nuts when he would scramble out of bounds for a two yard loss instead of throwing it away
Ballard was definitely good at throwing the ball away, sometimes a little too good. I don't think I've ever seen more passes launched into the stands than that 12-3 game against Tech. We did win the game, though, so it worked out.

MTfrog5

Ballard was definitely good at throwing the ball away, sometimes a little too good. I don't think I've ever seen more passes launched into the stands than that 12-3 game against Tech. We did win the game, though, so it worked out.
I swear Patterson told him my defense gots this. If your first read isn't there get out of the pocket and throw it to the first row