• The KillerFrogs

CWS first 8 games; 8-0 for the favorites

HoustonHornedFrog

Very unusual this year at the CWS in that in all of the first 8 games that have been played, the team that was seeded higher has won every game. A far cry from last year where No. 1 Florida and No. 3 Miami went 0-2 and No. 5 TT went 1-2 (with its win in the elimination game against Florida) leaving no national seeds alive in the final 4.

Let's hope the trend continues in our bracket for one more game to get #6 seed TCU a win over #7 seed Louisville, then let the trend be blown apart in the semi-finals.

TCUdirtbag

OP not talking about betting markets. Talking about seeding. The higher seeded team has won every game so far. If LSU wins tonight and TCU wins tomorrow, we'll reach the national semifinals with a perfect 10-0 by the committee.

berryfrog95

Vegas wise Louisville Was favored last night....so it's 7-1 on actual oddsmakers lines
OP not talking about betting markets. Talking about seeding. The higher seeded team has won every game so far. If LSU wins tonight and TCU wins tomorrow, we'll reach the national semifinals with a perfect 10-0 by the committee.
i understand that's what he was pointing out.....it was to give comparisons to The experts in the desert

Frog-in-law1995

Well, perfect only because a regional 3 seed made the CWS in place of the #2 national seed. Louisville was only the higher seed because the committee missed badly on who their opponent would be.

HoustonHornedFrog

Yes, specifically talking about seeding and with LSU winning last night the string goes to 9-0.

Smooth42

I thought vegas had LSU favored last night. And for the record, vegas has Louisville favored tonight

Again, OP is talking about Seedings by the NCAA committee not the favorite in Vegas. Even though Age were favored over us yesterday in Vegas, we were the higher seed in the tournament by the committee.

Casey T

Again, OP is talking about Seedings by the NCAA committee not the favorite in Vegas. Even though Age were favored over us yesterday in Vegas, we were the higher seed in the tournament by the committee.

I realize what OP was saying. One of the replies was talking about vegas, that's what I was referring to cause I'm pretty sure they had LSU over louisville. And aggy was not favored over us yesterday in vegas

Smooth42

I was going on what the announcers said on TV.. I was surprised when they said it, but never followed up to check it. I stand corrected.

berryfrog95

I realize what OP was saying. One of the replies was talking about vegas, that's what I was referring to cause I'm pretty sure they had LSU over louisville. And aggy was not favored over us yesterday in vegas

Florida was the only underdog per Vegas to win a game so far. 9-1 for the favorites

Seeding wise, the higher NCAA seed is 10-0

I like that TCU is +140 today and that we are "the higher" seed... 6 vs 7