• The KillerFrogs

CUSA Refs Greatest Hits

Lone Frog

Given the amount of discussion of the execrable officiating Saturday, I thought I'd compile a list of their greatest hits for everyone's convenience.

So here we go, organized by quarter and time on the game clock when the play began.

First Half

1Q - 12:41 - Verrett pick called back for PI. Led to a SMU TD a few plays later.

2Q - 14:47 - Olabode called for PI, despite the fact he was barely touching the intended receiver. And despite the fact you'd have to be a bird to catch that ball. Led to FG a few plays later.

2Q - 10:54 - The infamous fair catch.

2Q - 6:19 - Our first TD. In case you're interested in seeing the fight that erupted. It's impossible to tell from the TV who started it, but since our guys had just scored, kinda doubting it was us.

2Q - 2:08 - Watch as the umpire moves forward into Logan Brock's way, breaking up a pass that would have given us a first down.

2Q - 1:28 - Hands to the face call on Maponga to extend SMU's drive when they got an incomplete at third and 22. Obvious accident, nothing more than his hand slipping and brushing the SMU player's helmet, had nothing to do with the play. But it gave them a first down and 15 extra yards. No score, but it let them take enough time off the clock it was a miracle we got down the field far enough for a FG of our own.

***Bonus*** 2Q - 8:13 - Not a bad call, but if you want to see it again, it's McCoy's interception.

Second Half

It's late and now I'm all pissed off again from watching that garbage. Maybe will finish tomorrow, unless someone wants to do it for me.

OmniscienceFrog

Butt Hurt

No, you are!

little-girl-sticking-tongue-out-.jpg

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Not calling the false start the whole stadium saw.

Maponga's hands to the face on third and 22 where he barely touches the guys face fask on a swim move.

Not calling the fair catch/run until the stadium yelled and booed for about a minute.

Can't wait to see the two majors called late in the game. Perhaps legit, but want to see what they called exactly.

An-Cap Frog

Watching the game live on TV I really thought the PIs were tick-tack fouls. The Refs should have just let them play. When it came to the SMU PI's, which were more egregious, they had to call them because they called the previous ones on TCU. It was one of those situtations when the Refs wrongly set the precident early in a contest and then boxed themselves into a corner.