• The KillerFrogs

cTu

RufeBruton

Perhaps it is fading mental abilities.....but didn't the upper deck have cTu in the late 60s early 70s?

Attachments

• CTU Helmet.JPG
    CTU Helmet.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 80

HG73

Perhaps it is fading mental abilities.....but didn't the upper deck have cTu in the late 60s early 70s?

Yes, you are getting old, and senile. Just because cTu was on the helmet doesn't mean it was also on the upper deck. But, yes, I believe it was.

InnerloopFrog

In the 70's The Skiff was interviewing one of the foreign students for an article and the story was reported that during the interview he glanced at the stadium from Frog Fountain and was quoted as saying some thing like "I am very happy to be here at CTU".

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Actually, Dan Jenkins poked fun at it in Dead Solid Perfect. One of the characters mentioned that he never bet on TCU football because, "them silly f-ers don't even know to spell!"

OregonFrog

As a student in '78 I asked a sr. admin. person why the stadium had the "cTu" logo. He said "don't tell anyone, but it's for Charles Tandy University.

I was amazed a month later when he died in Nov. of '78 and weeks later they replaced the logo.

Wait a second... But that doesn't have a frog on it?

What's that you say? Throughout the history of our program we haven't had a frog on our helmets? Maybe that's why we have so many people complaining about not having classic looking uniforms. The frog dates us. We need to move on next season.

http://swchelmets.tripod.com/tcu.html

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Wait a second... But that doesn't have a frog on it?

What's that you say? Throughout the history of our program we haven't had a frog on our helmets? Maybe that's why we have so many people complaining about not having classic looking uniforms. The frog dates us. We need to move on next season.

http://swchelmets.tripod.com/tcu.html
Note the two helmets with Frogs on them. I am just old enough to remember the second one which I liked and as a kid drew that helmet all the time.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
thanks to Top:

73%20Donald%20Ray%20Richard%20TCU%201977%20W.jpg

Limp Lizard

The joke in the early 70's is it stood for "Coach Tohill University."

Don't remember it bein cTu in the late 60's, when I was an undergraduate.