• The KillerFrogs

Cowherd is coming to Fort Worth next week

Clover

Cowherd will be broadcasting from Sundance Square all next week from 9-12. Let's make sure he knows that he is not welcome here.

Here are a few things he said about TCU this past year:

• TCU is a commuter school
  • Oregon St. and Baylor were both going to beat us
  • TCU has lost the last 40 games against teams that have finished in the top 50 RPI at the end of the year
  • TCU only beat two bowl teams this year
  • TCU can beat anyone with a month to prepare

FrogJAM

Cowherd will be broadcasting from Sundance Square all next week from 9-12. Let's make sure he knows that he is not welcome here.

Here are a few things he said about TCU this past year:

• TCU is a commuter school
  • Oregon St. and Baylor were both going to beat us
  • TCU has lost the last 40 games against teams that have finished in the top 50 RPI at the end of the year
  • TCU only beat two bowl teams this year
  • TCU can beat anyone with a month to prepare

i love this one because it's almost more of a shot at Wisconsin. Why couldn't Wisconsin beat us? They had a month to prepare also. Oh circular logic. How do thou still exist?:blink:

KTown Frog

We should get a crowd of about 200 people and everytime he talks, just start yelling and booing him. Or better yet, chant T-C-U, T-C-U. Show him some southern hospitality, haha

Houston Frog

In most situations, I would say not to do it, because we are gonna come off looking petty and [Cowherd]y. But screw Cowherd, I can't stand that blowhard. I say go for it.

EDIT: haha, awesome filter, didn't even do that on purpose

Atomic Frawg

anyone know if he is broadcasting from fort worth? if so, where will that be?

The ESPN broadcasts will be from Sundance Square. But instead of showing up and booing, etc., I would rather invite him to the campus the give him firsthand knowledge about our school, facilities, and program. Although he irritates me as well, hurling insults and trying to disrupt his broadcast will only make it seem as if we aren't used to winning. The TCU way, the HCGP way, is to do the talking on the field. Honor that.

There's an old saying, "Don't mess with the man with the mic."

curt3301

I might take off of work just to go give this guy [Craig James] for as long as i possibly can. Such a [Cowherd] bag. I'm not the kind of guy that's gonna send an angry email, so i think this is a much better way to make sure he can tell that i hate his guts and hope he gets booted from the airwaves.

don

The ESPN broadcasts will be from Sundance Square. But instead of showing up and booing, etc., I would rather invite him to the campus the give him firsthand knowledge about our school, facilities, and program. Although he irritates me as well, hurling insults and trying to disrupt his broadcast will only make it seem as if we aren't used to winning. The TCU way, the HCGP way, is to do the talking on the field. Honor that.

I think that's the approach to take with him. Let him talk to some scouts if they are around too. Showgirls take him around campus or to Fuzzys. Let the great Dan Jenkins take him to railhead and talk some sense into him.

As much as I'd like people to harass Cowherd, this is the best play. Get him over to the campus and build a relationship with the guy...he'll be much less likely to bash us in the future once he actually experiences our campus and some of our coaches or administrators.

Any sales veteran will tell you that if you can get the client on your turf, then you're more than half way there...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I like the "place barrels of rotten meat upwind of him" approach. Or the "loose the inhabitants of the Fort Worth Zoo's Lion Exhibit onto the stage" approach.

Neither facts, nor logic appeal to this [Cowherd]bag. Taking the kindness approach will likely result in more abuse.

Frog-in-law1995

Keep in mind that "hate" is not the opposite of "love." Hate still involves passion, and passion is all Cowherd cares about. If he can't get you to love him, then he wants you to hate him. He said as much on his show once (I admit to listening briefly after he made the "top 50 rpi" comments). Unless you are simply indifferent towards him, then the terrorists have already won.

oldscribe

They will probably have a sort of stage and audience area.....the best thing would be get about 200 people there early enuff to pack the place and then sit silently and ignore him during the broadcast. On second thought, they probably won't have an audience....it'll be like his studdio radio/tv show.