• The KillerFrogs

Congratulations Frogs!

Deep Purple

We maybe have been playing with our 3rd string DB's
:rolleyes:

You're aware that TCU is in a major rebuilding year and that 2/3's of our roster are freshman and sophomores? And that Boise State lobbied the MWC to get this game switched from Fort Worth to Boise, and the MWC ADs and presidents went along with it? I think that signals the "We may have been playing with..." damage control is a little lame.

• You were ranked top 5.
  • You were heavily favored.
  • You were at home, where you were unbeaten in 35 straight games.
  • You were playing an unranked (or barely ranked -- in only one poll), freshman- and sophomore-laden opponent.

In short, you had every advantage in your favor. A simple, unqualified congratulations would have been more appreciated than this qualified "We may have been playing with..." congrats.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
I always empathize when a close, hard fought, important defeat comes down to one kid's mistake. Kickers just exist to receive abuse when they are not perfect in an imperfect world.
I blurted out a few choice ones when the ball went OB on the last kick off, so I'm not immune, myself. Hope Goodman doesn't let this get to him...after all HE didn't let any of thefive TD passes get by him.

:rolleyes:

You're aware that TCU is in a major rebuilding year and that 2/3's of our roster are freshman and sophomores? And that Boise State lobbied the MWC to get this game switched from Fort Worth to Boise, and the MWC ADs and presidents went along with it? I think that signals the "We may have been playing with..." damage control is a little lame.

• You were ranked top 5.
  • You were heavily favored.
  • You were at home, where you were unbeaten in 35 straight games.
  • You were playing an unranked, freshman- and sophomore-laden opponent.

In short, you had every advantage in your favor. An simple, unqualified congratulations would have been more appreciated than this qualified "We may have been playing with..." congrats.

You obviously didn't read everything I said, overcoming things such injuries is part of football. In order to be a great football team you have to do that, we didn't, you guys have done that. And by the way we may have been ranked #5, but it should have been closer to #10.

Chongo94

Go ahead and diminish your own win. I thought it was a hard fought game myself.

It was indeed. However, the efforts of your Hout helped to diminish some of the respect I had for Boise. He took away from some of the enjoyment for the game. MWC needs to step up and suspend him for a game but they won't.

Anyway, it was a good hard fought game and I'm glad the series may be over. Best of luck to y'all in whatever direction you head.

It was indeed. However, the efforts of your Hout helped to diminish some of the respect I had for Boise. He took away from some of the enjoyment for the game. MWC needs to step up and suspend him for a game but they won't.

Anyway, it was a good hard fought game and I'm glad the series may be over. Best of luck to y'all in whatever direction you head.

Hout is a good kid, just does dumb things out there some times. He wasn't the only player with some questionable hits. I think losing this game is more punishment then anything MWC could give out.

Deep Purple

You obviously didn't read everything I said, overcoming things such injuries is part of football. In order to be a great football team you have to do that, we didn't, you guys have done that. And by the way we may have been ranked #5, but it should have been closer to #10.
Look, I'm not bagging on Boise State. You fellas are a great program who've proven yourselves time and again. Believe me, I'm heartily grateful to the football gods for the upset win -- and it was an upset. We were extremely lucky for such a narrow win against a high-quality opponent. I tip my hat to the Broncos.

Having said that, I am bagging on the MWC.

Unlike Utah, TCU didn't exit the conference early. Unlike BYU, we didn't try to engineer the destruction of the conference on the way out. From the time we considered leaving the conference, we played it square and on the level. We gave due notice. We didn't operate in secret but kept the conference fully informed of our options and plans even before they were decided. We weathered the required waiting period. And STILL the conference tried to screw us over on the way out -- which they didn't do to Utah or BYU.

And it wasn't Craig Thompson's fault either. He was against the game venue change, thinking it sent a very bad signal, but he was overruled by the conference ADs and presidents. Losing millions in BCS bowl revenue and having TCU possibly win the conference in its final year is no more than what they deserve.

Chongo94

Hout is a good kid, just does dumb things out there some times. He wasn't the only player with some questionable hits. I think losing this game is more punishment then anything MWC could give out.

Perhaps. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after the Blount incident a couple of years ago but after today, no way. And yes, this loss will sting him for sure but he seems like the type that will keep doing "dumb things" until some sort of repercussion occurs such as a suspension.

BTW, that pic in your sig is awesome.

Frog DJ

BSF - ignore the giant jerks on this board. I attended all three of our mutual bowl games, and even stayed in the Boise hotel (by mistake) at the Poinsettia Bowl.

99.9% of all the Boise fans we encountered at all those games were gracious, knowledgeable and fun. Your school, coach and team are pure class, and you're among the best in the country, year-in-year-out.

That's why beating you on own (blue) turf is so very special, but the overwhelming majority of Frog fans have only the highest respect for Boise State.

I'm only sorry we won't be in the same conference, anymore.

Best of luck wherever you land.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
BSF, after the Fiesta Bowl, we were unable to buy a beer due to the Boise fans at the hotel bar. They loaded us up that night and were fine, fine folks.

I cannot hand you a cold one at present, but would if I could.

Good game.

Frogo

Look, I'm not bagging on Boise State. You fellas are a great program who've proven yourselves time and again. Believe me, I'm heartily grateful to the football gods for the upset win -- and it was an upset. We were extremely lucky for such a narrow win against a high-quality opponent. I tip my hat to the Broncos.

Having said that, I am bagging on the MWC.

Unlike Utah, TCU didn't exit the conference early. Unlike BYU, we didn't try to engineer the destruction of the conference on the way out. From the time we considered leaving the conference, we played it square and on the level. We gave due notice. We didn't operate in secret but kept the conference fully informed of our options and plans even before they were decided. We weathered the required waiting period. And STILL the conference tried to screw us over on the way out -- which they didn't do to Utah or BYU.

And it wasn't Craig Thompson's fault either. He was against the game venue change, thinking it sent a very bad signal, but he was overruled by the conference ADs and presidents. Losing millions in BCS bowl revenue and having TCU possibly win the conference in its final year is no more than what they deserve.

Very well put.

It is a shame such a good rivalry is coming likely to an end. Boise is a great competitor and a breakthrough symbol thanx to their bowl win against Ou. . .

P

PurpleDaze

Why is it that whenever we beat a Top 5 team ... they obviously weren't a Top 5 team?

Young and Horned

I still hate Boise State. But it is a respectful hate. One that grows by great competition between two programs. Boise has a great football program. Good game. Very happy we won (twice) tonight.

Latest posts