• The KillerFrogs

Congrats Frogs

Horny4TCU

Congrats Frogs.. haha I guess.. Every single questionable call went your way. If it takes a BS interception overturn, a phantom pickup flag of a late hit OB and a phantom offensive pass interference (when your holding our jersey) to beat us then congrats to you.

PS Hill is a beast and your D is legit.. just sucks to lose a game when officials make a difference..
That's how we felt about the officiating. They obviously owned real estate in Western Virgina.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
(We were lucky on most of the calls you cite). The 'Eers have a helluva team, QB and HC. Enjoyed your hospitality last year in M'town. See you guys in Arlington if we both take care of business. Keep your powder dry!

HeidelFrog

Congrats Frogs.. haha I guess.. Every single questionable call went your way. If it takes a BS interception overturn, a phantom pickup flag of a late hit OB and a phantom offensive pass interference (when your holding our jersey) to beat us then congrats to you.

PS Hill is a beast and your D is legit.. just sucks to lose a game when officials make a difference..

It was a great game! That #13 is the best WR I have seen at the Carter yet this year... The better team did win though. TCU was penalized a lot more and we thought we got the worst end of the refs being blind. Always enjoy playing WVU, you fans are some of the best and way better then Techs...

Shorty

It was clear offensive pass interference, though, granted, the TV replays (now that I’ve seen them) didn’t show the push that was obvious live. But it was a no doubt push off. I was screaming it before he caught the ball.
I saw it easily from the rafters on the east side (all the way on the other side of the stadium from the play). The crowd went nuts as soon as it occurred before I even saw a flag. I had no idea people were questioning this until I got on the board. I also have no idea what it looked like on TV.

Frog-in-law1995

I saw it easily from the rafters on the east side (all the way on the other side of the stadium from the play). The crowd went nuts as soon as it occurred before I even saw a flag. I had no idea people were questioning this until I got on the board. I also have no idea what it looked like on TV.

Yeah, I was surprised when my wife was reading twitter on the way home and found a string of tweets about that call. After seeing the broadcast (and the pxp guy’s take on it) I can see why TV viewers might think it was bad. But that call was easy as third grade.

CountryFrog

Blaming the refs who called a grand total of 2 penalties against your team seems like sour grapes.

WVU played really well but their inability to capitalize on opportunities was why they lost. Settled for a couple field goals (missing one) while Frogs only settled for one FG, didn't turn it over, and turned both WVU turnovers into TDs.

revfrog

I’m a TCU alum from WV, so my loyalties are def with my Frogs, but I have to say I saw an amazing Mountaineer team this afternoon. No surprises. You made us play a sloppier game than any of us like to see. You made our D give up a lot of yards, and you forced us into a lot of 3rd and long. Folks here diss Hill too much. You made his job ridiculously hard. Kudos to WV. Win out from here!

Mean Purple

cdsfrog

I get being upset. Refs late helped us out. That said we got screwed all night. WVU held nearly every play and zero calls after like 1st quarter. PI several times, none on defense.

4th quarter ref stuff kinda help balance it out. Even then TCU never got the bulk of the calls.
You got tons of calls. It is what it is.

BankerFrog

Hey man, you can moan about the refs all you want - that's your right. But to be completely honest all the other 'Eers I meet today/tonight were extremely gracious and proud of the outcome and were not blaming the refs at all. I hope you enjoyed your stay as much as the others did, and hey, maybe one day you guys can beat us....

froginmn

Seems kinda sour grapey.

All three were very close. On the interception call, the TV announcers all agreed it was not a pick.

On the late hit call, the contact was right at the sideline and from one angle you could see that Orr was in bounds when the contact began. And, you scored a TD on that drive anyway.

The OPI was hand fighting both ways. Could have gone either way or a no call. Understand your gripe there. So, one call and you still needed to go 40 yards.

Good game, and good luck the rest of the way.

Frog DJ

On the OPI - there was mutual hand-checking, so that's when the ref should keep the laundry in the basket, so to speak.

Calls have a tendency to even out as the game goes on, and reasonable fans on both sides have to admit WVU got away with more than a couple, too.

Go Frogs!

Double V

We got away with a PI or 2, but the late hit wasn't a late hit, and the INT was very clearly out of bounds, really not even a question. You got away with multiple blatant holds and at least 1 PI. In all I thought the game was poorly, but equitably, officiated.