• The KillerFrogs

College World Series (non TCU) thread

jake102

UT vs UC Irvine is our first game. Just started a few minutes ago.

Top of 1st, UC Irvine has a guy on 3rd, one out. 

82Frog

p1287757238-4.jpg

cdsfrog

Who are you rooting for?

I hate UC Irvine but not a fan of UT either.

UC Irvine lost 8 straight to end the season. UT sucked balls down the stretch too. Although they look a lot better in all phases right now.

UC irvine already gifted a run with a missed tag and then failed to throw to 1st (runner at 3rd wasn't moving)

1-0 UT in the bottom of the 2nd

tcujsauce

cdsfrog said:
Who are you rooting for?

I hate UC Irvine but not a fan of UT either.

UC Irvine lost 8 straight to end the season. UT sucked balls down the stretch too. Although they look a lot better in all phases right now.

UC irvine already gifted a run with a missed tag and then failed to throw to 1st (runner at 3rd wasn't moving)

1-0 UT in the bottom of the 2nd
What did UC Irvine ever do to you?

tcujsauce

jewstfrogit said:
I'm pulling for UT all the way to the Championship Series.*

*Note: if we get eliminated, bitterness might change my mind.
Would enjoy playing them for a championboat.

Flip side is losing a championboat to them would sting much more than to anyone else.

cdsfrog

TCU J-Sauce said:
What did UC Irvine ever do to you?

Fail, cal state fullerton is the team I don't like (hate is too strong).

UCI hasn't had much success. I will root for them but I bet UT wins. Not impressed with UCI thus far

cdsfrog

Bases still Juiced for UT. Got 1 run but definitely failed in that inning getting only 1 run considering it was gifted.

Back to back chances with bases loaded and no runs. Good for UCI

TCUdirtbag

UCI's ace is settling down. Looking more like the game you'd expect between two great small ball teams now.

UT 2B made a great play earlier.

cdsfrog

jewstfrogit said:
Maybe we gave texas our stranding runners habit

Nah they suck at hitting more than any other team left. Horrible at everything bat related, least scary offense. Granted their pitching/defense is pretty darn solid

TCUdirtbag

Interesting dynamic with our opener being against Tech as it relates to Omaha nerves--- really saw some nerves early from UCI. I wonder if having a familiar opponent will alleviate some of that for TCU and Tech.

tcujsauce

jewstfrogit said:
Interesting dynamic with our opener being against Tech as it relates to Omaha nerves--- really saw some nerves early from UCI. I wonder if having a familiar opponent will alleviate some of that for TCU and Tech.
I would almost guarantee the nerves don't have anything to do with playing an unfamiliar opponent.