• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Carousel- 2018

netty2424

I know the Kingsbury news was posted in another thread, but it’s about time for some coaching movement across the country so here’s the thread.

Looks like Kliff Kingsbury will get it started this year.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Seems like a logical move and a smart one IMO, but some out in Lubbock may want a “bigger name.”

If Kansas can get Les Miles, surely Tech can get someone most of the country has heard of.
True, that delusional fan base in Lubbock won't be happy with Littrell.

Eight

i know the name of a few people who did great things in their past, but i wouldn't pick them to build a future.

tech doesn't need to replicate the mistake made by kansas.

Chongo94

Hocutt has his own weekly radio show? I just read quotes where he is telling how to coach and discussing his preference on run to pass ratios. So, will Kirby tell new coach on how to game plan and what plays to call?

I’m not sure to be honest. I do my best not to listen to Lubbock radio shows...you wanna talk about bad....whoa. But he definitely makes comments often as to the things you’ve mentioned.

TCUdirtbag

Looks like Kliff Kingsbury will get it started this year.

Kansas, Colorado, Louisville, Maryland all out front. With Tech and UNC making their moves pretty much simultaneously today and USC keeping Helton, next P5s to keep an eye on are probably BC, Georgia Tech....and K-State.

Also openings at Central Michigan, UMass, Texas State, Charlotte, and Bowling Green after firings on or before Friday.

247 has a tracker here that also includes coordinators:
https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-coaching-changes-2018-125026551/

Last edited: