• The KillerFrogs

CNHI: Expect the unexpected in the Big 12: Five bold predictions for this season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
5991fced77302.image.jpg

CNHI: Expect the unexpected in the Big 12: Five bold predictions for this season

by Eric Prisbell | CNHI Sports

Training camp is the time we disperse a slew of college football predictions that we view as locks, forgetting for a moment the unpredictable turns the season will inevitably take.

We think we know how it’s all going to play out. Then two weeks into the season, many of those predictions are rendered moot by a few jaw-dropping results.

Recognizing that the one constant is unpredictability, let’s take a stab at five bold predictions for the Big 12 season. As the season nears, it’s important to expect the unexpected and remember that preseason hype has zero value on the field once the calendar turns to September.

So consider these predictions locks... well, at least until the season begins.

Read more at http://www.mineralwellsindex.com/te...cle_dbc7892a-9968-5343-b318-b70046ffb526.html

Limp Lizard

More than most sports, the head coach in college football plays a significant role in the team’s win-loss record.
I would say the head coach is even more important in college basketball, or at least as important.

scottmoore121

Oh, I watched this season. I loved it. Live game speaker. And the sea of adrenaline. I regret very much that I did not manage to do this live

Pharm Frog

Us coming in @ #3 is a "bold" prediction? I guess after last year's performance, but on the whole, not exactly a stretch.

Maybe not a huge stretch and maybe not technically bold but I haven't heard very many non-Frog people predicting a third place finish. I didn't read the article but I expect that it had us at #3 behind OU and OSU. WVU should be better this year. KSU should be better this year but they know better than most how to exploit us. Who knows what will happen in Austin but they "should" be better this year. Iowa State seems like its improved as well. Its very possible that we can be significantly better this year and still finish about the same in conference given our road schedule. Also possible that things don't gel right in Norman and Stillwater and everything turns crazy.

Wexahu

Maybe not a huge stretch and maybe not technically bold but I haven't heard very many non-Frog people predicting a third place finish. I didn't read the article but I expect that it had us at #3 behind OU and OSU. WVU should be better this year. KSU should be better this year but they know better than most how to exploit us. Who knows what will happen in Austin but they "should" be better this year. Iowa State seems like its improved as well. Its very possible that we can be significantly better this year and still finish about the same in conference given our road schedule. Also possible that things don't gel right in Norman and Stillwater and everything turns crazy.

WVU being better seems to be entirely based on the new QB they have. Has anyone really seen him play much? They lost a ton of players off their defense.