• The KillerFrogs

Clarion-Ledger: Deion Sanders addresses TCU football job report: 'Never believe' the rumors

hiphopfroggy

While I am opposed to him being the head coach at TCU he apparently had a serious complication with his surgery so I hope he fully heals and recovers.
Too bad you started those offensive threads when you really didn't know what was going on with him. Way to pass judgment without any actual insight. Glad to see you admit you were unaware of the situation, not all of us were. Good on you for getting up to speed finally, even if it is a day late and a dollar short.

hiphopfroggy

I am truly confused with this whole thing. So, did he interview, or was he laid up in a hospital bed? And if he wasn't, why won't he admit to the interview? How did he impress the brass at TCU so much if he didn't interview?

All this does is confirm my relief that we didn't hire him. It's all a dog-and-pony show with him, and I don't want that at my alma mater.

*Edited to say I just read the article, and WOW am I glad he ain't coming here. This smacks of his people leaking this report just to come out and say, "No, EVERYBODY wants me! I'm Coach Prime!"

It's all about him. Still.
This is completely inaccurate, not sure why you would just make something like this up. Complete fiction on your part. Might want to get your facts straight before you go smearing someone for no reason really.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Too bad you started those offensive threads when you really didn't know what was going on with him. Way to pass judgment without any actual insight. Glad to see you admit you were unaware of the situation, not all of us were. Good on you for getting up to speed finally, even if it is a day late and a dollar short.
Had nothing to do with his health concerns but his antics and past. If you were offended by opposition to him as head coach I suggest rubbing some cream on that 'gina and staying off the Internet.

flyfishingfrog

Did he win a Super Bowl, raise a family, and coach high school where any of those schools are located?

I guess none of those things have any meaning anyway.
How does the fact that he played for the Cowboys or started an academy that was shuttered by the state and sued by numerous entities in the DFW area help his case exactly?

hiphopfroggy

Had nothing to do with his health concerns but his antics and past. If you were offended by opposition to him as head coach I suggest rubbing some cream on that 'gina and staying off the Internet.
Not offended by opposition but you started a thread, hopefully drunkenly, that you titled, "Bring in the Clown hire Deion."

That is who you are.

FrogCop19

This is completely inaccurate, not sure why you would just make something like this up. Complete fiction on your part. Might want to get your facts straight before you go smearing someone for no reason really.
I noticed that you didn't quote my entire sentence. It started with, "This smacks of..." which means, "To me it seems like..." which in turn is saying it is nothing more than my opinion. So, there are no facts to get straight, nor was there a smear of any kind. I know you are very supportive of Sanders coaching here, and that's fine. I'm not, which is also fine.

Here's another opinion: Deion "Prime Time" Sanders is a showboating, self-aggrandizing snake-oil salesman who I want nowhere near the college I attended and worked at for over a dozen years. He hasn't come out and admitted that he did an interview, and in fact called it nothing more than a rumor, which means that one of the sides is lying. And if it comes down to one of the most self-promoting, arrogant look-at-me braggarts to ever play in the the NFL (which is saying something) and my beloved TCU, I am going to believe TCU 100% of the time over him. They say there was an interview and that he impressed the brass, then he comes out and vaguely says, "You mean when I was in the hospital trying to recover? You shouldn't believe all the rumors."

Which do you believe?

Last edited:

hiphopfroggy

How does the fact that he played for the Cowboys or started an academy that was shuttered by the state and sued by numerous entities in the DFW area help his case exactly?
How does winning a Super Bowl as a Cowboy in DFW help his case to recruit football players to a school in DFW?

You got me, I'm stumped.

hiphopfroggy

I noticed that you didn't quote my entire sentence. It started with, "This smacks of..." which means, "To me it seems like..." which in turn is saying it is nothing more than my opinion. So, there are no facts to get straight, nor was there a smear of any kind. I know you are very supportive of Sanders coaching here, and that's fine. I'm not, which is also fine.

Here's another opinion: Deion "Prime Time" Sanders is a showboating, self-aggrandizing snake-oil salesman who I want nowhere near the college I attended and worked at for over a dozen years. He hasn't come out and admitted that he did an interview, and in fact called it nothing more than a rumor, which means that one of the sides is lying. And if it comes down to one of the most self-promoting, arrogant look-at-me braggarts to ever play in the the NFL (which is saying something) and my beloved TCU, I am going to believe TCU 100% of the time over him. They say there was an interview and that he impressed the brass, then he comes out and vaguely says, "You mean when I was in the hospital trying to recover? You shouldn't believe all the rumors."

Which to you believe?
So you are saying this is the first time you have followed a coaching search and you are going to speculate wildly, got it.

flyfishingfrog

How does winning a Super Bowl as a Cowboy in DFW help his case to recruit football players to a school in DFW?

You got me, I'm stumped.
I don't think the players he is recruiting give a crap where he played football or won a super bowl.

They would be attracted to his 14 years in the NFL or that he won a super bowl or the fact that he played both football and baseball at the highest level.

But what uniform he wore for those would probably be about as important as what was his first shoe contract....

FrogCop19

So you are saying this is the first time you have followed a coaching search and you are going to speculate wildly, got it.
Where did I say any of those things?

(Narrator): He didn't, in fact, say any of those things.

You really do choose the strangest hills to die on, don't you?

Sebastian S

I am truly confused with this whole thing. So, did he interview, or was he laid up in a hospital bed? And if he wasn't, why won't he admit to the interview? How did he impress the brass at TCU so much if he didn't interview?

All this does is confirm my relief that we didn't hire him. It's all a dog-and-pony show with him, and I don't want that at my alma mater.

*Edited to say I just read the article, and WOW am I glad he ain't coming here. This smacks of his people leaking this report just to come out and say, "No, EVERYBODY wants me! I'm Coach Prime!"

It's all about him. Still.
He will deny it because if TCU doesnt hire him, it means he wasnt good enough. With his ego, he wont let that come out.