• The KillerFrogs

City and Convention office to go to ESPN to advocate for TCU games and future Superbowls

YA

TCU

David DuBois, president and CEO of the Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau, said Tuesday morning that a trip to Connecticut is already planned to continue the city's wooing of ESPN. He said that within the next month, he and other Fort Worth officials will pitch the network on return visits for College GameDay telecasts of Texas Christian University game and also for Monday Night Football games at Cowboys Stadium.

--------------
The power of ESPN is strong and our move to the Big East is going to do great things for our university!!!

Gunner

I'm not sure how ESPN will treat us after the switch. I'm very suspicious. Herbstreit and others have gone out of their way to denigrate TCU. There never was a reason to do that. So, we play in the BE, how does that change anything? They will make more money because of TCU, but will the regional bias go away?

Just got some questions about ESPN....

Frog_Fan71

I'm not sure how ESPN will treat us after the switch. I'm very suspicious. Herbstreit and others have gone out of their way to denigrate TCU. There never was a reason to do that. So, we play in the BE, how does that change anything? They will make more money because of TCU, but will the regional bias go away?

We increase the regional footprint of the BE and are in a top 5 media market. I believe that our future games will be getting loads more attention than they are currently. The fact that the "Battle for the Iron Skillet" will be an ESPN property at that point, can help elevate the TCU-SMU rivalry.

Houston Frog

The reason Herbstreit and others denigrated TCU was because they didn't think we were as good as our ranking. They thought we were a product of a soft schedule, and would be exposed if we played in one of the AQ conferences. It wasn't because they had it out for TCU or because of our geographic location, they just didn't think we were that good.

The Rose Bowl will go a long way to change that train of thought, and being in the Big East will help a lot in that regard as well.

Scarface

ESPN never questioned the move by the Big East to bring in TCU. They actually seemed to like it.

It just wouldn't be good business to blame Disney/ABC/ESPN for the BCS related attacks on TCU last year. It's probably better to simply point the finger at the individual analysts themselves (Herby, Gilmore, James, etc.)

Go Frogs!

Stiff Arm Frog

Another college gameday at TCU would be awesome! Definitely won't happen next year unless one of our home opponents turns out to be unexpectedly good, but in 2012, outside our brand new stadium, would work nicely.