• The KillerFrogs

CHARGERS waiving MAD MAX. Back to practice squad.

dawg

Odds are he's showing he has miles to go to in his development and they just need a more finished product. MD just doesn't excel in the areas that are required to be a good, consistent NFL QB.

I think the fact that as the backup him not getting in the game the other night when they were getting beat by 40+ points was probably very telling.
Pros require a perfect passer. Max is not that. Surprised he has held on this long. Making a few hundred thousand to get your nest egg started is nothing to sneeze at.
Max is a TCU legend. Max has never been an elite passer. There are only elite passers in the NFL and many of those suck at their jobs.
Again, Max is a TCU legend. We will never forget him for that but we can’t wish him to be something he isn’t. You can’t heart your way to a successful NFL career, unfortunately.
These. What Max Duggan did in his career here and especially in 2022 made him a TCU legend for as long as the University stands, and he produced one of the greatest and most memorable seasons of any TCU QB. Too many moments to name. Oh, and he went 4-0 vs the wHorns.

That his skillset isn't suited to the NFL (at least at this point in time) takes absolutely nothing away from that.

#HE15MAN.

Planks

He should’ve stayed at TCU one more year to develop and make another run at a national championship.
Returning to TCU would have been the wrong decision. We had a new OC, and had to replace a most of offensive pieces (Avila, Ali, Johnston, Davis, Miller, etc). Max probably has a much worse year in 2023 than he had in 2022.

In all honesty the best decision for Max probably would have been to grad transfer to a school with all the pieces in place for a big 2023 run, with the exception of the QB position. Get a big NIL deal, continue to develop and make a run at national championship.

4 Oaks Frog

Odds are he's showing he has miles to go to in his development and they just need a more finished product. MD just doesn't excel in the areas that are required to be a good, consistent NFL QB.

I think the fact that as the backup him not getting in the game the other night when they were getting beat by 40+ points was probably very telling.
I remember you saying something similar about Turpin’s abilities regarding the NFL. Must be tough being the authority…

Wexahu

I remember you saying something similar about Turpin’s abilities regarding the NFL. Must be tough being the authority…
It's my opinion.

Yeah, I didn't think Turpin would have much of an NFL career, if one at all. He's obviously doing better than I thought he would, or proving me wrong, or whatever. I admitted that. I thought Josh Doctson would be a good NFL player. I guess he proved me wrong too. It happens, big deal.

06DallasFrog

It's my opinion.

Yeah, I didn't think Turpin would have much of an NFL career, if one at all. He's obviously doing better than I thought he would, or proving me wrong, or whatever. I admitted that. I thought Josh Doctson would be a good NFL player. I guess he proved me wrong too. It happens, big deal.
You clearly should be held to a higher standard than NFL scouts.

NewFrogFan

Have to wonder about a Pro team that can’t seem to find a way to work a Heisman runner-up and 6’4” receiver that has proven he can play the position, into some role that helps the team.

NewFrogFan

He's would struggle big time even as a backup. There's a reason he wasn't drafted until the 7th round while other Frog teammates were drafted way higher. And it's fine. Good college QBs don't always have success at the next level.
So how do you explain the ”logic” used to draft Zac Wilson and then Tom Brady. The NFL front offices are full of mental midgets.

Wexahu

Have to wonder about a Pro team that can’t seem to find a way to work a Heisman runner-up and 6’4” receiver that has proven he can play the position, into some role that helps the team.
Geno Torretta, Jason White, and Eric Crouch WON the Heisman.

And playing WR in college is a little different than playing it in the NFL. Just ask Josh Doctson.

Frogs1983

Max needs to go to XFL, CFL, and play, develop his skills on the field, not toting a clipboard. If he shows some skills over time, some NFL team may take a chance on him again down the road, probably as a 2nd QB .

FrogAbroad

Why the switcheroo? Some arcane NFL rule? A way to save a week of Active Roster pay?
Both. There is a numerical limit to the number of players on the active roster. Teams are allowed to add, subtract during the season within some guidelines I hope you don't ask me to quote...but they're there. The pay scale for "active" vs. the pay scale for "practice" is significant, so if you already have two active QBs you probably will not want/need a third, so Max goes to "practice" status, his weekly pay goes down, making payroll room (remember, there's a $$ limit on that, too) for another player considered more important for next Sunday's game. I would really like to take a course in NFL roster management...'twould be fascinating!