• The KillerFrogs

Championship Weekend & CFP Predictions

AroundWorldFrog

How scheissing embarrassing. You decided The OSU could with a 3rd string QB, right? Hypocritical [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] with no integrity. The whole world has come down to $$$$$$$.

"All of us had the emotional tie, like, 'Holy s---, this is really going to suck to do this,'" one committee member told ESPN. "We talked about that over and over, and we just kept coming back [to] are they good enough with what they have to win a national championship, and it just kept coming back [to] we didn't think they could."

The committee went with what they thought was the better team at this point in time, which was not FSU. They did what they were suppose to, which again brings up, why did they chicken out in 2014.

I always say it should have been TCU instead of FSU. Why - because of the eye test along with some analytics, and the committee agreed in the penultimate ranking, putting the one-loss Frogs at #3, ahead of an undefeated FSU at #4. Obviously to do that - one loss ahead of undefeated - they were clearly stating that the committee thought TCU was better - they stated TCU was the more complete team - offense, defense and special teams. They could dominate on both sides of the ball. The Frogs looked better than FSU.

But then the committee got cold feet. People here have said the committee would never have put TCU in ahead of an undefeated team, but they did for one week, and then chickened out. They had it right but then got it wrong in 2014. Would you have complained then, if they had done it correctly and KEPT the Frogs ahead of FSU.

Last edited:

Wexahu

The commmitte went with what they thought was the better team at this point in time, which was not FSU. They did what they were suppose to, which again brings up, why did they chicken out in 2014.

I always said it should have been TCU instead of FSU. Why - because of the eye test, and the committee agreed in the penultimate ranking, putting the one-loss Frogs at #3, ahead of an undefeated FSU at #4. Obviously to do that - one loss ahead of undefeated - they were clearly stating that the committee thought TCU was better - they stated TCU was the more complete team - offense, defense and special teams. They could dominate on both sides of the ball. Frogs looked better on the eye test.

But then they got cold feet. People here say the committee would never have put TCU in ahead of an undefeated team, but they did for one week, and then chickened out. They got it WRONG in 2014. Would you have complained then, if they had done it correctly and KEPT the Frogs ahead of FSU.
As another poster pointed out, if TCU would have played Baylor again in 2014, Baylor would have been favored. Why leave Baylor out of this?

As another poster pointed out, if TCU would have played Baylor again in 2014, Baylor would have been favored. Why leave Baylor out of this?
The committee didn’t have Baylor at #3, they thought TCU was better, better on defense, creating lots of turnovers, more complete at the end of the year - and I concur with that thought. I don’t know what the source is for somebody saying Baylor would have been favored, but I question that - a hypothetical line, pfft.

Last edited:

Wexahu

The committee didn’t have Baylor at #3, they thought TCU was better, better on defense, more complete at the end of the year - that is what I remember and I concur with that thought. I don’t know what the source is for somebody saying Baylor would have been favored, but I question that - a hypothetical line, hmm.
I think it was Frog-in-law who mentioned that. He's a straight shooter so I believe him.

Just saying, generally the team that passes the eye test and "looks better" is the team that would be favored. That's just common sense. .

Last edited:
I get the people who are pissed that FSU got passed.....BUT the circumstances here were unprecedented. Alabama and Texas both probably had about as strong of resumes as there has been for any 1-loss teams that have ever been on the bubble.....any other year and they are absolute locks. Alabama's lone loss was to a Top 5 teams (albeit at home), they just beat the team everyone thought was the best in the country, and they won the championship of the best league. Texas's lone loss was on a last second play to its rival who is also a top 15 team, and obviously they have that win over Bama. Like you, I'm not really defending the committee but they had a problem on their hands.

And I think in this free agency and pay-for-play era, the final four teams left in the 12-team playoff will be traditional big money blue bloods just about 100% of the time. The game has a structural problem that goes way beyond the playoff format and how teams are selected.
Lol. You’ve spent the last nine years telling us that there’s no way an undefeated FSU would ever get left out.

I think it was Frog-in-law who mentioned that. He's a straight shooter so I believe him.

Just saying, generally the team that passes the eye test and "looks better" is the team that would be favored. That's just common sense. It's why the 49ers were favored over the Eagles yesterday even though they were 8-3 and the Eagles were 10-1, because they've looked like the better team this year.
I don’t know what all goes into a betting line but I suspect some analytics, more than the eye test - I think that is sensical. Again, the committee had TCU at #3, not Baylor, for the reason stated above; a possible hypothetical betting line seems insignificant or at least a tangent that is not of interest to me.

Last edited:

Wexahu

Lol. You’ve spent the last nine years telling us that there’s no way an undefeated FSU would ever get left out.
Yep, didn’t think it would ever happen. Took an almost perfect storm of circumstances. I would have told you a 1-loss SEC or a 1-loss B12 team with an OOC win over Alabama would never not get in either, so something had to give.

I remember hearing how the Big 10 would never get left out of the playoffs…..and that TCU would need to go undefeated. So there’s that, lol.

Frog-in-law1995

Just saying, generally the team that passes the eye test and "looks better" is the team that would be favored. That's just common sense. .
I didn’t say that Baylor would have been favored in a rematch…must’ve been someone else. Certainly never meant to say it, at least. In fact, when I saw your earlier post about it, I was so sure we’d have been favored that I went searching for Sagarin archives from 2014. Found the end of year chart that shows we’d have been a 9 point favorite after bowl season, but the only thing I found prior to bowls was a printout of the six computer models used to rank teams. And Sagarin’s column did have Baylor ahead of us (think it was the only one). So maybe they would have been favored.

Double V

Finally? I've been saying the last part all along, that's the main reason why I am not for an expanded playoff. 8 is kind of okay, 12 is just stupid.
I'm extrapolating your comment to mean that you are admitting (or recognizing) that the teams' perceived place in the "blue blood" hierarchy impacts the Committee's decisions. Hadn't seen you admit that before. Apologies if I just missed it.

Double V

How scheissing embarrassing. You decided The OSU could with a 3rd string QB, right? Hypocritical [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] with no integrity. The whole world has come down to $$$$$$$.

"All of us had the emotional tie, like, 'Holy s---, this is really going to suck to do this,'" one committee member told ESPN. "We talked about that over and over, and we just kept coming back [to] are they good enough with what they have to win a national championship, and it just kept coming back [to] we didn't think they could."
Not to mention, you couldn't keep 2014 FSU out because they were undefeated...When it's TCU and Baylor next in line instead of UT and Bama, it seems it's a different set of rules

Wexahu

I'm extrapolating your comment to mean that you are admitting (or recognizing) that the teams' perceived place in the "blue blood" hierarchy impacts the Committee's decisions. Hadn't seen you admit that before. Apologies if I just missed it.
No that’s not what I’m saying. I guess I’m not admitting anything then, lol.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I'm a moron. Can someone explain this one to me please?

Edit: The Bo Wallace GIF, that is
All of the moron reporters saying FSU getting left out of the CFP is the new TCU rule. TCU got left out of the CFP in 2014 and went on to destroy Ole Miss and Bo Wallace in the Peach Bowl, worse than Georgia beat us in the natty.