• The KillerFrogs

Championship Weekend & CFP Predictions

Double V

All of the moron reporters saying FSU getting left out of the CFP is the new TCU rule. TCU got left out of the CFP in 2014 and went on to destroy Ole Miss and Bo Wallace in the Peach Bowl, worse than Georgia beat us in the natty.
But what am I looking at in that GIF?

NewFrogFan

How scheissing embarrassing. You decided The OSU could with a 3rd string QB, right? Hypocritical [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ] with no integrity. The whole world has come down to $$$$$$$.

"All of us had the emotional tie, like, 'Holy s---, this is really going to suck to do this,'" one committee member told ESPN. "We talked about that over and over, and we just kept coming back [to] are they good enough with what they have to win a national championship, and it just kept coming back [to] we didn't think they could."
Didn’t Cardale Jones beat the crap out of Wisconsin? The QBs in the ACC game were 2 of the worst I have ever seen.

froginmn

OK food for thought: what if Texas had lost? Besides several of you pouring large glasses of bourbon, what would the committee have done? Would Georgia have jumped to four?

OK food for thought: what if Texas had lost? Besides several of you pouring large glasses of bourbon, what would the committee have done? Would Georgia have jumped to four?
Good question since the committee decided that FSU is not good enough without their starting QB. But I would guess FSU over Georgia, because the committee highly values conference championships and Georgia had just lost to Alabama and the bad optics of a second SEC team getting a mulligan over an undefeated conference champ would be too much. The committee did put FSU at #5 and Georgia #6.

NewFrogFan

Good question since the committee decided that FSU is not good enough without their starting QB. But I would guess FSU over Georgia, because the committee highly values conference championships and Georgia had just lost to Alabama and the bad optics of a second SEC team getting a mulligan over an undefeated conference champ would be too much. The committee did put FSU at #5 and Georgia #6.
Maybe someone looked back at 2014 and saw that 39 point azz beating FSU took from Oregon as an undefeated Conf Champion and realized if selecting 4 best teams, those with one loss can surely fill the square? The ACC CG was awful.