• The KillerFrogs

CCG weekend thread

Wexahu

16 seems perfect
If you want to take most all of the drama out of the regular season,16 would be perfect, I agree. How many Kennesaw games were you interested in this year?

Figuring out who would land those 12-16 seeds for the opportunity to get curb stomped in the first round would be scintillating. It’s hard enough to come up with competitive semifinal games in a 4-team format.

Watched the game with a friend and our wives. We thought it was an unsportsmanlike penalty. He called his BIL who is a ref. No penalty. The ref is supposed to ignore the request.

Yeah, supposed to ignore it. If whistle is blown they're supposed to restart the play clock asap and game clock starts once ball is reset unless the previous play resulted in a dead ball. At least that's how I remember it.

Pharm Frog

If you want to take most all of the drama out of the regular season,16 would be perfect, I agree. How many Kennesaw games were you interested in this year?

Figuring out who would land those 12-16 seeds for the opportunity to get curb stomped in the first round would be scintillating. It’s hard enough to come up with competitive semifinal games in a 4-team format.
The same number of people would be interested in Miss State v Kentucky in a crossover than are interested now. How much actual football drama was there in the BU v TCU game? In hindsight it should have been but it wasn’t. And I have an idea that a 13 might hang with a 4 if they had to play THIS week and not wait 24 days or more to play. Did TCU beat BU this year?

Pharm Frog

Man, that's such a bang-bang play. Receiver never looked back. Appeared to have a hand on the hip. On TV and live it looked like PI. Hard to blame them when you have to slow it down considerably to see that it MIGHT not have been PI.
If you see it as “might” have been PI it’s not PI. You call what you know. And it looked like great D to me in real time. Certainly not worthy of a PI. And I despise Coog.

Wexahu

The same number of people would be interested in Miss State v Kentucky in a crossover than are interested now. How much actual football drama was there in the BU v TCU game? In hindsight it should have been but it wasn’t. And I have an idea that a 13 might hang with a 4 if they had to play THIS week and not wait 24 days or more to play. Did TCU beat BU this year?
Oh I suppose they might on occasion. But they have 12 games to prove they are a 4 and not a 13.

stbrab

Possibly for 12-team. Not for 8. 12 is WAY too many IMO but I know I’m in the minority on that one.
The point though is to win it on the field. 4 teams is an invitational. At least with say…12, you have to earn it on the field. Will there be blowouts? Yes, but blowouts happen all the time. I think you have a lot more interest from more fan bases If the playoff becomes an actual playoff. Just my 2 cents.