• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports: Poll Attacks: One AP voter doesn’t seem to realize undefeated TCU beat Nevada

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
CBS Sports: Poll Attacks: One AP voter doesn’t seem to realize undefeated TCU beat Nevada

by Gary Parrish
@GaryParrishCBS

If you want to insist 10th in the Associated Press poll is too high for TCU based on the fact that the Horned Frogs have neither recorded a win over a currently ranked opponent nor played a true road game, fine. Obviously, I disagree, because I have TCU ranked eighth in the CBS Sports Top 25 (and one) based on the fact that TCU has beaten two top-40 KenPom teams and handled every average and bad team it's played, which is more than top-15 teams like Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Purdueand Miami can say. But whatever. If despite all that you still want to insist TCU -- which is one of just three undefeated teams left in the nation -- should not be ranked in the top 10 (or even the top 15) of the AP poll, fine. I disagree. But whatever.

That said ... what is Graham Couch doing?

The Michigan-based columnist is the only AP voter who doesn't have TCU on a Top 25 ballot this week. And you know what? I'm actually OK with that. Or, at least, I would not spend an entire Poll Attacks column on that because it's a subjective thing for which there is a counter-argument, and that counter-argument, if you subscribed to it, would go something like this:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...u-unranked-but-ranked-a-3-loss-team-tcu-beat/

Limp Lizard

Michigan-based. 'Nuff said. I lived in northern Indiana for 3.5 long, long years. Where I heard the natives say things like "Chili originally just contained beans, the meat is a recent addition." (in an area where chili was beans, a little meat, a little chili powder, and ketchup!), and "It's just as hot here as in Fort Worth because you guys have a dry heat, not the humidity" (Not true if you look at the data: the dewpoint is generally greater in the DFW area during the summer than Chicago or South Bend. The % humidity is only lower here in the afternoon because the temperature is 10-12 degrees more, plus the sun is much more intense!!)

Sorry for the rant: every once in a while a mention of that area triggers my living-in-the-rustbelt PTSD!:confused:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I think a far worse sin up here regarding chili is how they somehow think there is an Italian connection by putting spaghetti in it.

By the way, I once read a history of how chili came about and the beans connection. It was the suthor’s contention that much of the chili is derived from trail drives where Tejano’s that ran the chuck wagons and made their chili using available dry goods taken along including onions, cumin (Camino seeds)...and beans.

My grandmother who grew up in the greater Schulenburg/Halletsville metroplex had a recipe the dates back to the late 1800’s that included...(gasp!) Beans! And no, I am not a Hoosier. I’m from Houston and living here because my Cajun wife that never lived north of I-10 wanted to live somewhere with 4 seasons. Not sure why Indiana won out, but you don’t argue with Coon A..,(oops can’t get that by the filter)... Cajun woman. But I feel your rust belt sentiments.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Oh, and I have feeling the truth of our ranking lies somewhere in the middle. If we come out of our next 5 games relatively unscathed maybe it is an accurate ranking, but if we drop two or three, we may never pop up again.

I think a far worse sin up here regarding chili is how they somehow think there is an Italian connection by putting spaghetti in it.

By the way, I once read a history of how chili came about and the beans connection. It was the suthor’s contention that much of the chili is derived from trail drives where Tejano’s that ran the chuck wagons and made their chili using available dry goods taken along including onions, cumin (Camino seeds)...and beans.

My grandmother who grew up in the greater Schulenburg/Halletsville metroplex had a recipe the dates back to the late 1800’s that included...(gasp!) Beans! And no, I am not a Hoosier. I’m from Houston and living here because my Cajun wife that never lived north of I-10 wanted to live somewhere with 4 seasons. Not sure why Indiana won out, but you don’t argue with Coon A..,(oops can’t get that by the filter)... Cajun woman. But I feel your rust belt sentiments.
They also add cinnamon and/or nutmeg to it.

SMDH