• The KillerFrogs

BYU Demise

Ohiofrog

Has to at least be in part that the players understand how badly they just got screwed by this whole independent thing. They went from signing with a top team in an up and coming conference, making headlines, to being part of a sinking ship that just got dynamited by some very short sighted BYU administrators. They just dont look like they are on board with the program anymore. They have always relied on execution, with that gone...

tetonfrog

Has to at least be in part that the players understand how badly they just got screwed by this whole independent thing. They went from signing with a top team in an up and coming conference, making headlines, to being part of a sinking ship that just got dynamited by some very short sighted BYU administrators. They just dont look like they are on board with the program anymore. They have always relied on execution, with that gone...

I have never tried to read minds, except at bars with women, but they look like a bad football team. Forget body language. Forget attitude. They are slow. This is what is killing them. They are frustrated because they are getting it handed it to them and there is nothing they can do about it.

I've been there before from my high school days. Your team is behind, the zero is on your back and there isn't anything you can because the guy in front of you is better than you and so are his teammates. It doesn't matter if you quit because you're slow because you can't tackle someone if you can't catch him. That happened to me at Aldine a long time ago. Knew the toss was coming and couldn't do anything about it.

Look at those BYU players again. They know they aren't very good. It will get worse when we thump them 60-10 and utah crushes them 55-13. Can't wait to watch it. It's gonna be fun. :excl:

Endless Purple

As entertaining as it is to watch BYU flounder this season. I would be curious to know what is going through the mind os Ms. whats-her-name in charge of the Las Vegas bowl. If BYU loses to TCU, Utah and SDSU, they will not be bowl eligible. What is the Las Vegas bowl to do without BYU?

Jet Set Frog

I'm not saying BYU isn't much worse than they have been the last five years, but when watching the game tonight, it's important to remember that they have an appreciable number of good players sidelined with injuries.

Young and Horned

Yeah, doubt their performance has anything to do with them not being on board with their decision to be independent. Pretty sure they know it means they will be getting a lot more money, which equals better facilities. Not saying they are going to become a powerhouse by any means, but I am sure the players are fine with being independent. I do still think the program will fizzle for other reasons though.

ZeeFrog

There is always next year for byu. Coming off a bad year, being indy with a weak schedule won't help them reach their goals that's for sure.

joefrog91

Stewart Mandel tweeted, "Dear BYU: We've changed our minds. Sincerely, ESPN."

Ivan Maisel said, "Analogy for Utah State dominating BYU: Baylor over Texas?"

BYU does look slow. Bronco got dissed at the end of the game. Utah St coach didn't try to go throw the crowd of students to shake hands. ESPN kept showing Bronco looking for the other coach.

Bob

As entertaining as it is to watch BYU flounder this season. I would be curious to know what is going through the mind os Ms. whats-her-name in charge of the Las Vegas bowl. If BYU loses to TCU, Utah and SDSU, they will not be bowl eligible. What is the Las Vegas bowl to do without BYU?
Maybe MWC could admit Hawaii and have the conference champion play there.

Bob

There is always next year for byu. Coming off a bad year, being indy with a weak schedule won't help them reach their goals that's for sure.
No, but it might help their scheduling. No wonder Texas wants to schedule them.

Mike Brooks

True. An extra year of experience can make a big difference. They will be 27 and 28 year olds then with a couple kids, three car garages...

Burner1

Tier 1
BYU had to replace a lot of lost experience, and they have had a lot of injuries. That could be us next year. BYU will have good teams again, but probably no one will notice except for one or two midweek games on ESPN. Anyway, it's going to be fun watching them get kicked around this year before they get shoved out the door.

West Coast Johnny

They BYU independence play probably would have worked if they kept winning. It looks to me like Mendenhal doesn't know what he's doing. They'll probably keep him around another two years or so, but they are going to have to completely rebuild with a new head coach. And their new all - everything QB looks scared and confused - probably coaching again. They are terrible, and might be relevent again after a coaching change in a minimum of about 5 years.