• The KillerFrogs

BYU baseball broadcast team

Houston Frog

QUOTE(PurpleBlood87 @ Apr 16 2010, 12:56 AM) [snapback]545355[/snapback]
Pretty positive it wasn't. It was some ex-BYU QB.

Yeah you're right, sure did sound like him though (I think it's who he sounds like at least, I get my Mormon analyts all mixed up). His name is Gary Shiede.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Frogenstein @ Apr 16 2010, 08:21 AM) [snapback]545390[/snapback]
With the way Purke performs on the mound I can live with his crooked hat wearing habit.

I can agree wit dat :rolleyes:

Speaking of crooked hats, the first I think to do it in baseball, Sabbathia, faces Texas today.

West Coast Johnny

QUOTE(frogsuit @ Apr 15 2010, 06:00 PM) [snapback]545297[/snapback]
Some of the verbal gems they've thrown down tonight:

- "glad to have all the TCU fans watching back in DALLAS"...

- commenting on the former BYU quarterback from 1977 who had a season-ending injury early in that year - "He threw for 11 touchdowns in the first four games...he was on his way to winning the Heisman....He was certain to win the Heisman..." Yeah, b/c we've never seen anyone flame out down the stretch of a long season -- the confidence in that statement was striking.

- commenting on the former BYU pitcher who still pitches batting practice at 75 yrs old...."He was clocked at 75 mph on the radar gun....you hear people talk about shooting their age in golf, well how about being able to THROW your age!". I'm 39...I'm pretty sure I can throw my age, and I haven't played organized ball for over 20 years.

I've had to stop and rewind to re-listen to so many of these verbal treats, I'm about 5 minutes behind the live broadcast. Greatness!

Did anyone see the BYU reporter asking questions on the BYU campus about baseball? Who is BYU's head baseball coach? What does a pinch hitter do? How many possitions are there? None of the BYU students knew the answers.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(StealthFrog @ Apr 16 2010, 08:27 AM) [snapback]545393[/snapback]
didn't Earl Campbell win the Heisman in 1977? Next time I see him I will be sure to go out of my way and tell him how lucky he is that the BYU QB got hurt in 1977.

:tongue:

joejordan

QUOTE(StealthFrog @ Apr 16 2010, 09:27 AM) [snapback]545393[/snapback]
didn't Earl Campbell win the Heisman in 1977? Next time I see him I will be sure to go out of my way and tell him how lucky he is that the BYU QB got hurt in 1977.

The only Longhorn I ever liked. He's one of my all-time faves. Had a personal run-in with him and his family on 610 in Houston. Luv Ya Blue!

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 16 2010, 08:33 AM) [snapback]545396[/snapback]
Yeah you're right, sure did sound like him though (I think it's who he sounds like at least, I get my Mormon analyts all mixed up). His name is Gary Shiede.

Christenson would have said "Purke throws hard, but he's not as accurate as Zap with a tennis ball."

zap8.jpg