• The KillerFrogs

Broncos crack down on scalpers

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I wish more teams did this - like TCU?

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/broncos-season-ticket-holders-outraged-weeded-team-172732555.html

Several Denver Broncos season-ticket holders who did not attend a game during the 2016 season had their seats revoked, according to a Denver Post report

Some fans might ask where the line can be drawn to have their tickets revoked, especially in a town where they’re extremely hard to come by — or expensive. But the Broncos’ view is that the decisions made by the team were done largely to “reward our loyal season ticket holders, upgrade many of them, make tickets available on the waiting list and increase our very limited single-game ticket allotment,” per Smyth.

Smyth noted that some fans’ appeals were granted, such as in the cases of health-related or military absences. He added: “Careful consideration was given to each inquiry, including a review of previous account activity and any documentation that may have been provided.”

tcumaniac

Yeah. Denver can revoke season tickets that are sold solely on StubHub and end up with the same amount of season tickets sold at the end of the day.

If TCU did this, the majority of our fan base would get greatly improved seat locations, but TCU would have less season tickets sold, which goes against TCUs #1 priority: $$$$$$

ftwfrog

Yeah. Denver can revoke season tickets that are sold solely on StubHub and end up with the same amount of season tickets sold at the end of the day.

If TCU did this, the majority of our fan base would get greatly improved seat locations, but TCU would have less season tickets sold, which goes against TCUs #1 priority: $$$$$$
And they'd piss off some of their most valuable supporters. But it's okay, we want you to be on the 50.

Dogfrog

when season ticket holders can resell UT game tickets for $100-$900 per seat, it is time for a serious season ticket price increase. If it scares off some STHs and we don't sell out, so what? Increase the leftover public sale ticket prices for high demand games to $150-$300. TCU gets the sale and the opponents sit in the end zone.

Last edited:

French Frog

Maniac, have you seen cdsfrog's post on Ticket Exchange Forum?

researchfrog

TCU is small enough that it could effectively deal with its problems without alienating that many people. Plus-four holders who accumulate season tickets to sell on StubHub need those seats revoked, but opening up a preferential option to get season-ticket equivalent priority points with certain donations should do that except for those who use the seats to underwrite the purchase of their own seats. Since it is the 21st century and adequate information technology exists, TCU could accommodate "season tickets" of less than a full season. This would be a good deal for the school, since they could charge more for most home conference games. It would be a good deal for fans who want to have better seats for bad games.

westtexfrog

Apples and Oranges.

The wait list for Broncos season tickets is 75,000 accounts.

TCU's is basically zero.
Not 75K like NFL's Denver, but I've been told there are still over 1,000 on waiting list for club seating and over 2,000 for lower bowl seating which are really the best seats in our house. So not basically ZERO

cdsfrog

Are you kidding me? Me are actually defending scalpers to a potential policy where they have to go to one game (aka give tickets to friend not sell) boo hoo

It's a great idea.

cdsfrog

Frankly I don't give a [ Finebaum ] about upsetting people that exclusively stubhubt
The entire season. I'm in europe and avoiding or attempting to do so by selling at cost.

If they give one game away or sell it in person they would keep their seats