• The KillerFrogs

Brandon Carter to TCU?

OmniscienceFrog

Some fine defense on display a few times there. Not intended as a slam on Brandon Carter, but there were about four plays on that clip that I would have been able to score on. DB's just stand there and watch him run by them into a wide open secondary.

OK, I couldn't score on them now, but I could have when I was in high school, and I was brutally slow even then. But if they're not going to cover you and you're ten yards behind EVERYBODY it doesn't really matter too much

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Some fine defense on display a few times there. Not intended as a slam on Brandon Carter, but there were about four plays on that clip that I would have been able to score on. DB's just stand there and watch him run by them into a wide open secondary.

OK, I couldn't score on them now, but I could have when I was in high school, and I was brutally slow even then. But if they're not going to cover you and you're ten yards behind EVERYBODY it doesn't really matter too much

Truly some bad defensive failures that helped him in several of those clips. But he gets off the line very fast and is downfield in a hurry.

jbob1011

Defense is a little suspect in some of those plays, but he's still fast as heck and he BLOCKS. Think of him, L. Brown and Boyce all wreaking havoc on a secondary... :biggrin:

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
FWIW obviously Carter and the coaches were not anxious to let this out. I was posted about a week ago that there was a very good chance an OU commit would make a switch but no name was given. Checking around I was told that no way should I release it but again no name. I assumed it was Anderson but was told no.

The originally poster who mentioned it has not posted here nor is a regular poster.

This has already gotten out and seen mention elsewhere so don't think this thread needs to be deleted. We shall see but think chances are good from what little I was told, but wth this out who knows. I hope this doesn't lead to a lot of questions to Brandon as that may backfire.

FROGDADDY

FWIW obviously Carter and the coaches were not anxious to let this out. I was posted about a week ago that there was a very good chance an OU commit would make a switch but no name was given. Checking around I was told that no way should I release it but again no name. I assumed it was Anderson but was told no.

The originally poster who mentioned it has not posted here nor is a regular poster.

This has already gotten out and seen mention elsewhere so don't think this thread needs to be deleted. We shall see but think chances are good from what little I was told, but wth this out who knows. I hope this doesn't lead to a lot of questions to Brandon as that may backfire.

At the end of the day thd only way this info gets out at a Trinity football banquet is if the kid says something, so I can't imagine this will upset him too much.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
At the end of the day thd only way this info gets out at a Trinity football banquet is if the kid says something, so I can't imagine this will upset him too much.

Yeah, I probably worry too much because if something happens I get fingers pointed at me....however you are right.

I need to check the sooner board to see what they are saying. As mentioned was told this was Sharp & Patterson so was surprised Fuente wasn't involved but probably was a good thing. Sharp is the area recruiter and knows the Trinity staff and with all going on with Fuente it works out well. Again chances on this are supposed to be high.

Bill Bozeat

Yeah, I probably worry too much because if something happens I get fingers pointed at me....however you are right.

I need to check the sooner board to see what they are saying. As mentioned was told this was Sharp & Patterson so was surprised Fuente wasn't involved but probably was a good thing. Sharp is the area recruiter and knows the Trinity staff and with all going on with Fuente it works out well. Again chances on this are supposed to be high.

13 hours ago

Yes he is now considering TCU. He is going to visit there this weekend. TCU has told him that
he can play WR and I guess that is appealing to him. What is interesting is that OU has offered him
as a corner and he has seemed totally fine with that. I have not been able to reach him and to be honest
he has been hard to reach for sometime.

If he really wants to play WR OU will be OK with that. Danzel Williams really wants to play on the offensive
side of the ball and so OU told him fine that he can start out on the offensive side of the ball. They will do
the same with Carter, so to be honest I am not sure how big of a threat this is because OU can solve
this problem in a hurry if this is really a problem.

Yes TCU is closer to him and his family for home games, but Norman is only 2 1/2 hours away and
with TCU going to the Big East road games are going to be tough for his family, while OU will play
most of their games in Oklahoma or Texas.

I am working this story and hope to have more details soon.

We are still counting him as a commitment unless we hear from great authority that he is no longer committed and I have not heard that at this time. Since he is taking visits we can call it a soft-commitment, but at press time he is still
committed to OU.

talor

13 hours ago

Yes he is now considering TCU. He is going to visit there this weekend. TCU has told him that
he can play WR and I guess that is appealing to him. What is interesting is that OU has offered him
as a corner and he has seemed totally fine with that. I have not been able to reach him and to be honest
he has been hard to reach for sometime.

If he really wants to play WR OU will be OK with that. Danzel Williams really wants to play on the offensive
side of the ball and so OU told him fine that he can start out on the offensive side of the ball. They will do
the same with Carter, so to be honest I am not sure how big of a threat this is because OU can solve
this problem in a hurry if this is really a problem.

Yes TCU is closer to him and his family for home games, but Norman is only 2 1/2 hours away and
with TCU going to the Big East road games are going to be tough for his family, while OU will play
most of their games in Oklahoma or Texas.

I am working this story and hope to have more details soon.

We are still counting him as a commitment unless we hear from great authority that he is no longer committed and I have not heard that at this time. Since he is taking visits we can call it a soft-commitment, but at press time he is still
committed to OU.

Huh? Who are you? Stop bothering the kiddos.

talor

Clearly a cut and paste job from Zero U land. Don't shoot the messenger! :ph34r:

Bill just cut & pasted a piece from one of the OU writers.

Haha. That went right over my head. Sorry Bill. I just figured you were some random TCU poster running around Euless trying to chat with Carter.

This would be a great get for the staff. His evaluations and specs are remarkably similar to Kerley coming out of high school. We may have missed out on Curtis Carter, but maybe Brandon can heal those wounds!