• The KillerFrogs

Boise State Game = Revenge Bowl

Hornd

Don't like looking this far ahead, but I think our players will be exponentially more motivated than any other game this season. They'll be hungry for the upset and angry at the opening line (probably 20+ points to Boise).

RaiderHater

Don't like looking this far ahead, but I think our players will be exponentially more motivated than any other game this season. They'll be hungry for the upset and angry at the opening line (probably 20+ points to Boise).

20+ point line?

we have 3 games till we play them, but if we are 7-2 coming into Boise I have a hard time believing the line will be that large. They only beat Tulsa and Nevada by 20 points.

Jeez Boise's a solid team, but some posters are acting like we are playing the Patriots and we have only a 1% shot at winning this game.

f_399

They only beat Tulsa and Nevada by 20 points.

because they played their backup and barely tried

they could have ran up the score if they wanted

in the more recent games i think they knew they needed style points and scored more

57 and 63 on fresno and colorado

Hornd

20+ point line?

we have 3 games till we play them, but if we are 7-2 coming into Boise I have a hard time believing the line will be that large. They only beat Tulsa and Nevada by 20 points.

Jeez Boise's a solid team, but some posters are acting like we are playing the Patriots and we have only a 1% shot at winning this game.

I think we have a great chance at winning, I'm actually expecting a win. But I don't expect a 7 point line. It's going to be closer to 17-20 I would guess. Barring ridiculous wins over our next opponents, I'll stand by that line.

f_399

we will be playing the roles of smu and baylor when they played us, the "underdog"

i think that fact will make us play our best game of the season, upsets are always exciting

Baja Frog

Man the purple koolaid is in full force today.

I don't know what TCU football team you guys have been watching but the one I have seen in 6 games this season so far goes up there and loses to the tune of about 48-21 at best.

I certainly hope I am wrong and that's great that we'll have the revenge factor but Boise will be plenty fired up for this game too and probably will be looking to make a BIG time statement in it to help their BCS bowl game.

We have not and will not see a defense in the same stratosphere as Boise's all season.

f_399

We have not and will not see a defense in the same stratosphere as Boise's all season.

defense and offense

and they wont think twice about running up the score if they had the chance

they need it to jump up in the bcs rankings and we are probably the best team they have left on the sched

2 of these school will lose 1 because they play each other
ou and ok state
lsu and alabama

wisonsin can go undefeated and if so, should jump boise

it would be:
1. alabamo or lsu
2. ou or ok state
3. wisconsin
4. boise

RaiderHater

I'd put Baylor's Offense up there with Boise's. So our team has seen a great offense.

Defense on the other hand you are correct. By far the best defense we will see, but we still have the athletes to compete and score against them.

bbell

Man the purple koolaid is in full force today.

I don't know what TCU football team you guys have been watching but the one I have seen in 6 games this season so far goes up there and loses to the tune of about 48-21 at best.

I certainly hope I am wrong and that's great that we'll have the revenge factor but Boise will be plenty fired up for this game too and probably will be looking to make a BIG time statement in it to help their BCS bowl game.

I don't know about that at all. BYU's defense has been pretty stiff. Not as good as Boise's no, but certainly within the Stratosphere.
Also, are we considering Boise's marquee win against Georgia? They will not have faced the kind's of offenses we have in Baylor and SMU. This is also the first time that Boise has had to play us during the season with 1 week of preparation. I like Patterson to win that battle against Peterson. GO FROGS!!!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
they need it to jump up in the bcs rankings and we are probably the best team they have left on the sched.

But, Rod Gil-Briles said on ESPN that "Boise doesn't play anybody else from here on out."

(/sarcasm)

Boise is a senior-laden team this season. We are going up to play them with a bunch of freshman and sophomores. Boise absolutely annihilated Georgia, physically beat them to a pulp. So far, when it counted, we haven't been able to convert a bunch of crucial 3rd and 4th downs. Against teams we normally steamroll. Boise will run the most complicated passing offense will will see this season, and run it well. So far, we have slowly improved our defense against the pass, but enough to stop Boise?

On the side of the Frogs, this will be it. Outside of Bowl Games, this is the last time we will see these guys. The Frogs want revenge. This is their last shot at it. We get them on short notice, which will hopefully keep TCU-specific wrinkles to a minimum. Frog players will have been on two road trips in two weeks (Wyoming and Boise) and will be looking forward to finishing up and getting home.

Boise will be feeling the pressure of their position. TCU doesn't have a thing to lose.

It is my belief, that we should hope for a miracle to come to pass. TCU must play their absolute best game, and hope that the pressure gets to Boise. If they are at ease, and have time... Ugh.

byuhog

Frogs,

TCU is an above average team this year, but i'm afraid the BSU game at their place is gonna be ugly.

Their offense is the best you will face all year and the same with the defense. They are a great team all around. Forget paybacks and revenge. It ain't gonna happen.

TCU has been putting up good points most of the year, but I doubt you'll crack 21 against BSU.

14-17 is a possibility, but TCU might put up 21 pts.

On offense BSU is gonna clobber you guys. Their passing game will be nightmares for your iffy corners and problematic secondary. Just the way it is. I think BSU will be better than even Baylor on offense IMO. Not the running QB issue, but still-it's at their place and they have all the horses and especially the QB to rain touchdowns all night long...

The TCU defense may be improving some, but I think it's gonna be another 40-50 point night for the opposing team WITHOUT any OT like the Baylor or SMU games. 50-60 maybe.

Though TCU may be overall above average as a team-mostly by their good offense, the defense is just average this year. And that's why it's gonna be ugly.

Frogs,

TCU is an above average team this year, but i'm afraid the BSU game at their place is gonna be ugly.

Their offense is the best you will face all year and the same with the defense. They are a great team all around. Forget paybacks and revenge. It ain't gonna happen.

TCU has been putting up good points most of the year, but I doubt you'll crack 21 against BSU.

14-17 is a possibility, but TCU might put up 21 pts.

On offense BSU is gonna clobber you guys. Their passing game will be nightmares for your iffy corners and problematic secondary. Just the way it is. I think BSU will be better than even Baylor on offense IMO. Not the running QB issue, but still-it's at their place and they have all the horses and especially the QB to rain touchdowns all night long...

The TCU defense may be improving some, but I think it's gonna be another 40-50 point night for the opposing team WITHOUT any OT like the Baylor or SMU games. 50-60 maybe.

Though TCU may be overall above average as a team-mostly by their good offense, the defense is just average this year. And that's why it's gonna be ugly.

You're the guy who predicted a close BYU win against us last year, aren't you?

How'd that prediction turn out?

byuhog

A BYU prediction from last year has absolutely nothing to do with this years game against BSU.

BSU is a national-championship caliber type team. BYU and TCU are pretty much average right now or a little above. We're not even close to them on a football level sadly.

If TCU scores more than 21 pts against BSU or you hold BSU under 30 pts somehow or it's closer than a 2 TD victory for BSU, than I'll come back on here and eat some crow. Fair enough?

I just think it's gonna be an ugly game and likely blowout for BSU. TCU and BSU haven't shown me anything otherwise to the contrary thus far... If TCU had a good defense like last year's, then it would be a competetive game and TCU would have a chance, but even then I'd still pick BSU, as the TCU offense isn't as good as what it was last year.

A BYU prediction from last year has absolutely nothing to do with this years game against BSU.

BSU is a national-championship caliber type team. BYU and TCU are pretty much average right now or a little above. We're not even close to them on a football level sadly.

If TCU scores more than 21 pts against BSU or you hold BSU under 30 pts somehow or it's closer than a 2 TD victory for BSU, than I'll come back on here and eat some crow. Fair enough?

I just think it's gonna be an ugly game and likely blowout for BSU. TCU and BSU haven't shown me anything otherwise to the contrary thus far... If TCU had a good defense like last year's, then it would be a competetive game and TCU would have a chance, but even then I'd still pick BSU, as the TCU offense isn't as good as what it was last year.

Fair enough. Except don't try to lump TCU with BYU right now. TCU wouldn't lose to Utah 54-10 at home. I guarantee TCU will be 14 pt favs against BYU.

OldSchoolFrog

And here we sit, victorious. What a great road trip, great fans both purple and orange, and an incredible foundation to build on....

But those refs. I hate em...