• The KillerFrogs

Big East expansion candidates

Klaw

First tier: air force, navy and army
Second tier: ucf and east Carolina

If these are the big east candidates, I find it hard for the big east to be taken serious and maintain bcs status.

In my opinion, the Mwc offers more long term potential than the new big east.

JurisFrog

service academies = good for tv contracts, but bad for AQ status

I imagine if we lose WVU and/or Louisville to the Big 12 we will go back to the MWC.

cdsfrog

First tier: air force, navy and army
Second tier: ucf and east Carolina

If these are the big east candidates, I find it hard for the big east to be taken serious and maintain bcs status.

In my opinion, the Mwc offers more long term potential than the new big east.

the MWC pays under 800k per school per year. ends 2016

The big east contract which will pay at least 12 times that. Would have been more but they will take a 20% hit now

Service academies don't do much for me, outside of AF. Honestly, ECU and UCF and UH don't do much for me either, but what are you going to do? Can't raid from the SEC, ACC or B1G, only other option is to talk to the KU, KSU, and ISU, but they're probably afraid to jump.

Planks

As long as the Big East has the AQ "golden ticket" then thats the conference we will be in. Currently there is no process in place for taking a conference's AQ bid. Taking away the Big East's AQ bid is going to be much harder than just not giving an AQ bid to the MWC.

cdsfrog

This, and I'm not sure it even takes a hit with the Academies. They are as valuable as Pitt/Syracuse, IMO.

Maybe. say its only 10 million

Thats still insane in comparison to the crap we got before.

People keep forgetting. Pitt and Syracuse did jack for keeping AQ status. Guess what, TCU BCS win/appearances count for 2013 requalfication.

Frog Attack II

As long as the Big East has the AQ "golden ticket" then thats the conference we will be in. Currently there is no process in place for taking a conference's AQ bid. Taking away the Big East's AQ bid is going to much harder than just not giving an AQ bid to the MWC.

+1

Beyond that, we've got to focus on next year. We need to win the whole F'n thing... Beat VA, Beat OU, Destroy everyone else and hopefully (fingers crossed) go to the MNC game & win it all. It's time to lead w/ performance and create the stability that the BE needs. I think that's really all we've got.

Baja Frog

What about adding Boise in football only and they can put their other sports in the WAC? Teams would have to travel to Boise every other year for football. Big deal.

Same for BYU?

Also, don't Kansas, K St and Iowa St hate Texas? Would thru consider moving to the Big East???

Waccy Frog

AFA will be the second best team in the MWC next year. If Navy joined the MWC, it would be the second best team. Don't fall for 30k stadiums and 15k crowds in Nevada. It's fool's gold.

BelushiBob

Maybe. say its only 10 million

Thats still insane in comparison to the crap we got before.

People keep forgetting. Pitt and Syracuse did jack for keeping AQ status. Guess what, TCU BCS win/appearances count for 2013 requalfication.

UCF is Disney market and another grip on Florida. I dont see UL jumping. And why would they? They need to rebuild and it will be easier in the BE. SU and Pitt were basically Baylor and Iowa State. Not a tragic blow.

TCUdirtbag

Big East will lose BCS status adding teams like this. But until then, they're our meal ticket. I hate to say it, but we need the Big 12 to get aggressive, add teams, and pray we're one of them. If they go to 14 with TCU, WVU, Cinci, Lou and BYU the Big 12 future will be secure--if any of the big boys (UT, OU, and their step-brothers OSU & TTU) leave, the remaining Big 12 schools can pick the decent MWC and BE schools left homeless.

SuperToad

Big East; add Air Force and ECU. It would make up for the loss of Pitt and SU. Seriously, head to head, who you think would win in these match ups? ECU played to great great ranked teams close their first 2 games, and AFA has a tendency to scare big time teams. Ask OU last year.

angelo's frog

I am going to hate, hate, hate the Big East. CUSA revisited. They have the BCS ticket (for now) but it will probably go to whichever league we went to whether it was the MWC or Big East if the BCS even exists in 4 years. That league is doomed and was probably doomed from the day we joined. If anyone has pics of Deloss Dodds and Mack Brown involved in a three way with a tranny, I'll pay $10k for it.

Pharm Frog

I wish Boise wasn't so damn far out in the middle of nowhere conference land.

I know that BSU brings some instant BCS cred but I would hesitate before making a long-term investment in their ability to keep producing the kind of program they have been. They've already lost some scholarships and I wonder about Peterson's near-term commitment to that school. I also have a hard time believing they can keep raiding Cali as well as they have since you have two additional schools now with PAC presence and USC will have some more scholarships coming back to them. I like what they've built in terms of their program but I do have reservations about sustainability predominantly for the reason you mention.

ACroofrog

At this point I really think the conference needs to just say to hell with geography and invite Boise, Air Force, BYU (Dont know if they would come)UCF, and East Carolina.

West

TCU
Boise
Byu
Air Force
Louisville
Cincy

East

USF
Rutgers
UConn
West Virginia