• The KillerFrogs

Big East Basketball

Well we need to aim high with the National Brand of our Football Team it shouldn't be that hard to recruit the best Basketball Players and with Big East invite the best conference lets go for them. I want recruits with offers from Duke, Kansas, North Carolina power house teams.

Stiff Arm Frog

For TCU none. However Cuse has already signed two for 2011 that will be playing in the McDonalds game out of a three person class!

Sorry I just had to take a moment and rub that in :biggrin:

Feel free, we are well aware of exactly how behind TCU will be in basketball. Better those recruits go to Syracuse than a Big10 school.

Texas Otto

Feel free, we are well aware of exactly how behind TCU will be in basketball. Better those recruits go to Syracuse than a Big10 school.

Not exactly what I was going for to embarrass TCU hoops really just wanted to brag on my #4 Orange for a moment and remark on what a recruiting machine Jim B is. Actually the best thing to happen to TCU hoops is joining the BE recruits want to play in the BE and TCU will get their fair share in upcoming years sure gives you and edge over Bevo and Baylor!

:biggrin:

FrogAbroad

Well we need to aim high with the National Brand of our Football Team it shouldn't be that hard to recruit the best Basketball Players and with Big East invite the best conference lets go for them. I want recruits with offers from Duke, Kansas, North Carolina power house teams.

I'm not at all sure anyone living today will be around when we beat out one of those three for even one recruit. It's one thing to want to play in the BE. It's quite another to want to be embarrassed your entire college career in the BE.

LVfrog

We are going to be awful when we get to the BE unless CJC pulls a miracle from his hat. I'm going to be interested how CJC constructs the team for our move to the BE. I hate to say Big Steaming Pile is right but we sure need lots of bigs before we move or we will be obliterated in the middle. Find some bigs that can play and then get some more because you can't have too many big men in the BE.

TexanMark

Agreed but if you really want to elevate your program you have to grow your T-shirt fan base in Tarrant County. The Big East is the best basketball conference going and if you get the community behind it and pack your house you'll be onto something.

I've seen your arena it is currently #17 out of 17 arenas in the BE and frankly it isn't close. You either need to make it into a small but modernized arena that is packed and a tough ticket (like Cameron at Duke)...or...build a new 10-12k seat arena (designed to be expandable). The arena needs to be built on campus or just off so students can walk to it.

SeniorFrog

Speaking of Basketball recruiting, a couple of names to keep an eye on for the spring;

Shaquille Stokes 6'0 PG, Brooklyn, NY
Kid has offers from Iowa, TCU, UNLV, Colorado St and Hofstra but favors Iowa and TCU. Shaq cites our move to the BE as a big plus. Averaging 19 ppg and 7 assists. We need a PG in this class badly.

Josh Richardson 6'5 SG Edmond, OK
Offers from several mid level programs. Josh is rated as the #121 player in the country by rivals and would give us a guard with the type of size that we are going to see a lot of in the BE.

We need some Big guys. Any possibilities out there? I know we have another year of recruiting, but I think TCU would be somewhat lucrative heading into the Big East. The odds of getting to play as a freshman are better than anywhere else.