• The KillerFrogs

Big 12

Wexahu

Kansas is actually a really interesting story. There was an article in The Athletic this summer about their roster issues. The short of it is that Weiss took so many chances on JUCO kids that didn’t work out it decimated their roster numbers. And since you are limited to 25 a year, it will literally take a decade of classes with minimal attrition to get back to 85.

A decade? That math doesn’t work out. 2-3 years maybe 4 at most, but it doesn’t take a decade to fix a program no matter how barren the last coach left it. Beatty has taken what was left him and made it worse. 4 years into his tenure and they are totally inept.

f_399

Yeah that doesn’t make sense.

Right now, every player on our team was recruited to a Power 5(Big 12) TCU team.

And soon, every player(if not already) on offense would have been recruited to a Cumbie ran offense.

Dman890

A decade? That math doesn’t work out. 2-3 years maybe 4 at most, but it doesn’t take a decade to fix a program no matter how barren the last coach left it. Beatty has taken what was left him and made it worse. 4 years into his tenure and they are totally inept.

He started with 38 returning scholarship players in 2015. He’s since gotten the number up to 70 players on the roster this year but he’s still 15 short of max.

And many of those players are just filling spots, not necessarily big 12 caliber. That turnaround job is much tougher than you think.

Wexahu

He started with 38 returning scholarship players in 2015. He’s since gotten the number up to 70 players on the roster this year but he’s still 15 short of max.

And many of those players are just filling spots, not necessarily big 12 caliber. That turnaround job is much tougher than you think.

I’m not sure he started with only 38 but even if he did he’s had 4 recruiting classes and the max per class is 28. If he only has 70 this year it’s his fault, not the prior regime. Theoretically you could start with 0 and have 84 three years later unless there is some rule I don’t know about.

I would bet this years and last years Kansas team is no better than the SMU team back in the early 90’s that was four years removed from the death penalty. In fact, I’m pretty sure it’s worse.

f_399

And there shouldn’t be any shortage of athletes wanting to play d1 football, more so at the power 5 level even if it is Kansas.

Purp

I thought we looked pretty good but we only really “ played” for a half and it was an opponent we should beat badly. Lots to still see......

Did ou rest most starters at the half? murray is athletic but isn’t baked when it starts breaking down. Running game will be their strong suit.

tx defense was horrible yesterday until their offense said hold my beer in the fourth quarter......

WVU looked really good, have no idea about TN

Tech another long season....

Didn’t see the others play.....
And ISU couldn't even beat the Jackrabbits. How embarrassing.

Limey Frog

i believe his response is a satirical jab thrown at the horns who keep saying the big 12 is hurting their program and they need to flee with ou for a better conference

Ah. Satirical posts proposing improbable conference realignment nonsense are hard to spot among all of the not satirical posts proposing improbable conference realignment nonsense. I'm afraid I missed this one.

tetonfrog

And there shouldn’t be any shortage of athletes wanting to play d1 football, more so at the power 5 level even if it is Kansas.

Beaty's failure is he cannot get quality OL and DL to KU. Remember how bad TCU's OL was five years ago? It is light years better than KU now. They are just awful in the LOS. There are many high schools in Texas would dominate them in the trenches. They could not block Nichols State last night and gave up almost 200 yards rushing.

That is just terrible.

Beaty won't last through the end of October and they will try again with another coach. I am curious who will take that job. Feel bad for Meach and the test of the assistant coaches. They will all be unemployed soon.

FrogLifeYo

Beaty's failure is he cannot get quality OL and DL to KU. Remember how bad TCU's OL was five years ago? It is light years better than KU now. They are just awful in the LOS. There are many high schools in Texas would dominate them in the trenches. They could not block Nichols State last night and gave up almost 200 yards rushing.

That is just terrible.

Beaty won't last through the end of October and they will try again with another coach. I am curious who will take that job. Feel bad for Meach and the test of the assistant coaches. They will all be unemployed soon.
Baylor gave up 450 yards to ACU