• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

jack the frog

good question, was told one of their soccer programs is already in the pac, but who knows after that...

more interesting question to me is the 30M exit fee the mwc says sdsu owes them
Made me curious so I looked it up.

82 Frog Fever

Expansion appears to be over for a while. This is working out great.
The ACC is locked with 5 dissenting votes that won’t change anytime in the near future.
The B1G isn’t doing anything unless it’s for ND.
The B12 is done for a while.
The SEC is sitting on their front porch yelling at everyone to stay off their lawn!

Just put the P4 to bed in the MWest & send Stanford to Indyville.

Dont forget to laugh at SMU.

82 Frog Fever

I thought the acc is voting again tomm on expansion once again for the final vote push.
Possibly. They didn’t take a formal vote last time. It was more like a show of hands, as they knew they didn’t have the votes.

FSU, Clemson NC St., NC, & Miami are against expansion. It’s doubtful they’ll change, and 2 would be needed for 12 of 15 votes.
If they changed their mind, adding Stanford/Cal would destroy any chance to get out of the ACC before about 2030.

Right now they need 8 votes to dissolve the GOR, and maybe have 7.
If they add more teams (who will definitely be against dissolving); then they’ll need more votes.

Just to leave the ACC right now it would cost $120m, but they’d have to go back and rescue their media rights. $30m x 13 years = $390m. That’s roughly $500m total.
Maybe I’ve missed something, but it looks like a tuff nut to crack.

Brog

Expansion appears to be over for a while. This is working out great.
The ACC is locked with 5 dissenting votes that won’t change anytime in the near future.
The B1G isn’t doing anything unless it’s for ND.
The B12 is done for a while.
The SEC is sitting on their front porch yelling at everyone to stay off their lawn!

Just put the P4 to bed in the MWest & send Stanford to Indyville.

Dont forget to laugh at SMU.
I think I'll wait til that game on Sept 23 is over before I laugh too much at SMU.

Deep Purple

No, but he does have a fine selection of black jackets.

Cabin Fever Reaction GIF by chuber channel

82 Frog Fever

I thought the acc is voting again tomm on expansion once again for the final vote push.
I do see where they are offering 1/2 shares to S / Cal., and the other 1/2 would be funneled to the 4 or 5 outlier teams. So maybe $7m extra per team for 5 or 6 years.

I don’t think that will appease these teams, but who knows, maybe they just want a win they can show their fans.

Deep Purple

Might not be a bad idea....Although not often, Frog fan laughter has been snuffed out by the Horses; twice out of the most recent games with SMU....
Yes, they splendidly doubled their victory count. They are now 4-19 vs TCU over the last 25 years.

On Ponyfans, they like to present this stunning accomplishment via the arbitray timeframe ploy: "SMU has won 2 of the last 3 games." Why not "2 of the last 5 games"? Or "2 of the last 10 games"? Because those timeframes don't sound nearly as impressive.

One Pony even concluded that the series is "trending in SMU's favor." He doesn't even have Horse sense.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Supposedly the ACC is meeting this morning to finally decide if they will invite Stanford, Cal and SMU. One "ACC Insider" is spreading a rumor that the North Carolina Schools have flipped such that Calford will be added. Not sure about SMU. Hopefully we will get some closure on this today - either a statement that the ACC will not be expanding or a formal invitation is offered and accepted.

I still think that's bad deal for the California schools and the top ACC teams to join, but it may be better than any of the California teams' other options.

hometown frog

Supposedly the ACC is meeting this morning to finally decide if they will invite Stanford, Cal and SMU. One "ACC Insider" is spreading a rumor that the North Carolina Schools have flipped such that Calford will be added. Not sure about SMU. Hopefully we will get some closure on this today - either a statement that the ACC will not be expanding or a formal invitation is offered and accepted.

I still think that's bad deal for the California schools and the top ACC teams to join, but it may be better than any of the California teams' other options.
I don’t think smooo is included in the list at this point. Think it’s just Cal/Stanford being pushed up that steep ACC hill. (The coke heads on the hilltop continue to push the narrative they are still in the mix tho…)